Anyone applied for EAD in past 20 days

arun mehta02

Registered Users (C)
I applied for EAD in the first week of Feb, 2003. My checks are cashed about 10 days ago.

I have still not received the EAD receipts.

Anyone in the same situation. What do I need to do.

yes my wife did

yes my wife applied for EAD RENEWAL APPOR 28 days ago, she got her receipt after 25 days or so.

Sent on Feb 5th

Hi,
Same here.

Mail Date: FEb 5th, Checks cleared on Feb 14th. From the Check image got the WAC Number. Checked Online Status using that number and found Receipt Date as Feb 10th.

Not yet received the receipts.

applied and got receipts in 10 days

applied for EAD renewal on Feb 3rd. Received by INS on Feb 5th. Receipts/WAC # received by Lawyer around Feb 12th.

I mailed the application for me and spouse on FEb 4th INS received on Feb 7th (USPS tracking), checks cashed(posted to my account) on Feb 14th exactly one week after receiving the application.

No receipt yet ! :D

I did it myself not through attorney.

Any idea what can be done ???
:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Arun,
I filed for EAD extension on 2/13/2003 (RD). ND is 2/14/2003. The receipt was recieved by my attorney on 2/20/2003.

All I could suggest is call your attorney and find out.

:confused:

I guess you will be getting it in a few days ... nothing to worry !!!

I have applied for my EAD/AP in Feb 19th and checks are cashed on Feb 25th. Have not received the receipts.

But, Check image doesn't have the WAC Number.... Is there a problem?????

I sent out on Feb 14 for both my EAD, my wife's EAD, and my wife's AP.

I received AP notice on Feb 22, however, I've not received EAD notices for both my wife's and mine.

I checked the bank records, as of today (Feb 26), no cleared checks for any of the application fee.

Weird thing is my wifes AP Notice shows "Fee Previously Collected", and we have no idea it says.

Hog:confused:

Boats Rocking

Mine is in worse position than yours.

Lawyer mailed on 1/28. Check encashed on 2/12. Have not rcvd the notice as of yet.

Lawyer will get check image next month and then would let me know the wac#, if luckily it has one. Lawyer is also not sure if iEAD can be obtained on check image. He said (hopefully) you may get one. I have changed job on AC21 and if i can not get for iEAD, not sure what will happen.

This is getting really scary. My current EAD expires late June. Have any of you seen such a case? Please advise.

Thanks a ton.

to, INSBeats2death

hi INSBeats2death

i called INS today they gave me WAC# with RD Feb 10th, he pulled it out by using my A# , beleive me this IIO was the smartest IIO I have ever talked to, he said looking at my 485 RD 6 weeks from now they may work on mine. He was very proactive and said I can iEAD on May 12th 90 days from RD and said my chances of getting GC are more than my EAD sinceit is moving very slowly.

I would advise u call and talk to IIO and ask him to pull u r case using A# they sure can do it.

We can get iEAD

Arun,

Some one in the same situation like us, they got WAC# calling IIO and then when it was near to get iEAD (near to 90 days) they told IIO about their situation and got a letter from INS about their application and WAC# with all relevant info on it. They took this to local INS office and got iEAD.

Well for this not all IIO's are smart to help us, but when the situation is urgent we have to do it may be, by calling # of times untill we get the right IIO and most imp the letter.

with INS reduing IIO times from 03/03/03 we may have hard time getting lines.

-RM