Anyone able to offer advice

twix&snikker

Registered Users (C)
I would like to ask you if you have heard of any cases that have been filed this year, have had fingerprints and interview processed, whether there has been any grant of Asylum as yet. I applied for Asylum in February this year, and had the fingerprints done, followed the same week by the INS interview. I filed in Minnesota, had the fingerprints done in St. Paul at the regular INS building, and then the interview was done in Minneapolis at the INS headquarters. At the interview, I was fingerprinted electronically as well as photographed. The interview was very lengthy, I was questioned and asked to explain my circumstance for 3 hours. My complete application was in excess of 600 pages, and my own personal Affidavit was 7 pages long. I felt positive about the interview, but the INS Officer showed little or no emotions. In your experience do you think this might have a positive outcome? There is no possible way I can return home, the state of the country continues to decline, and the situation is reaching desperate levels. As you know from my previous posts, I am abiding by the law, and now 7 months later (first entered the USA in December 2002) - the funds I managed to bring with me have run out, this is really a difficult situation, and the people who have cared for me and my family are also struggling to continue this support. Do you know if there is a way of finding out the outcome sooner, or do I just sit and waite patiently? I know I can apply for an EAD at the end of 150 days, which is at the end of July, I also know that because this is the first EAD on my application the INS (BCIS) has 30 days to grant the EAD or deny it. Is there a possiblity that my results will be known before the end of this month or is there a longer waiting period?

Thank you so much for your kind help and good advice.

God Bless you all :)

I have already told you in an earlier post that someone I know filed in January, interviewed in March and got the decision (positive) in June.

You said that you were interviewd in Minnesota. I do not think there is an asylum office in that state. That state is under the Chicago Asylum Office. Officers there travel to Minnesota to interview applicants from time to time. It is standard practice for those "circuit ride" cases to take a long time to concluded. When you submitted a 600+ page application, the timeframe would even be longer!!!!!!!!!

You just have to be patient and you will hear something soon (probably before you can apply for your EAD).

Regards,

Thank you for your post. The reason for so much evidence is that according to all the information online it was suggested to supply as much information on my country and the problems being experienced. All of that information was not directly mine, but it was used to augment my case. My own information was my own Affidavit of 7 pages. So, I hope that this will not be a disadvantage to me. Yes the office in Minnesota is handled by a circuit that was in town from Chicago. Remember I said that I can apply for my EAD at the end of this month, so I shall keep you all posted as to whether I get my reply before then or not. In my heart I am hoping that this is the case because these are difficult times.

Thank you once again...