Anybody waiting for Approval Notice after 2 weeks - Approved 01/18/02

DAN01

Registered Users (C)
I got approved on 01/18/02, but didn\'t received the Approval Notice. I called the INS office yesterday and officer told me that backlog in mailing approval notice. I have seen lots of people got approval notice, cases which has approved after mine. Anyone is waiting like me?. I have travel plan in end of Feb 02. I don\'t know what to do. Please any advise.
Please keep this thread alive. please post whoever waiting for approval notice, so that we will get some idea.

DAN1,

It looks you are the only one not recvd approval letter so far... What did your lawyer suggest ? I wish you should get it today.

AD jan 23 ,received Feb 6 -janfiler

Hi, i noticed that the date stamp on my envelope was feb 4 th though,
AVM said that my case got approved on Jan23rd. And i received the approval notice today. So don\'t worry, just be patient and talk to IIO

No Title

My wife also called just now and they told us because of backlog it may take 1 month.Thanks for the info. Please keep this thread alive.

No Title

Hi, i live in VA. I checked the datestamp again. it clearly says feb 4 StAlbans VT, Though AVM said they mailed it on jan 23rd. when we called IIO twice she said the same and wanted us to wait for 2 more days. So Don\'t worry just call IIO again, i am sure they\'ll help u, all the best Janfiler

Since janfiler got it,

DAN1,

Let us hope that we get within next 2-3 days. AD 01/25/02, still waiting, I did not get even in today\'s mail too.

DAN01 et al....

Dan01, I would imagine that if it were to be a mail out delay that the delay would be systematic....i got approval a day earlier than you did and Peter3 was approved on the same day as you. I got my notice on 26th (postmarked 23rd). did you check with your PO, lawyer, did you change addresses? I noted elsewhere on this forum that somebody got their approval faxed over to them. why not request this from IIO by informing them of your travel plan? they will not issue AP if ur 485 was approved. Hope you get the notice soon.

No Title

Thanks for your advice. My wife had called INS yesterday and talk to IIO officer and they said it takes a month because of backlog. I didn\'t see much backlog because lots of people got the approval notice except few cases. My wife has travel plan to India during end of this month. After she told this info to officer and agreed to send duplicate copy but initially she refused to do that. Our address is ok in the system. I am hoping to get next week. Is there anyway can I stamp with out the approval notice?. The officer told that you can go to local INS office and ask them to stamp in your passport but my attorney said that we can\'t do stamping without approval notice or duplicate copy.

No Title

DAN01,
I got approved on Jan 22nd and still no approval notice. I live in NJ.
Please let me know, if you had any luck getting the approval faxed over.. I have travel plans end of the month too.

Thanks

No Title

I got the approval Notice thru today mail. I came to know thru my wife
just now.I got the notice after 21 days (Approved 01/18/02). Anyway Thanks to PKM,BJR, PETER3 and others posted in this Link. Good Luck to others too.