Anybody use 90 days rules for EAD in Atlanta?

zzhan

Registered Users (C)
I filed my EAD application on July 27, TSC got it at July 31, according to my Post office\'s receipt. Does anybody use the 90 days rules for EAD in atlanta office? What is the starting date they count the 90 days? Can you get it in the same day? please post your experience...

Thanks!!

No Title

I did use it last year. They allow you only after 90 days, even one day earlier they will ask you to come back. That atleast according to my experience. Other than that it is straight forward, you do need to take two photos. You can call them and ask them what are the current requirements.

Good luck.

cpb.

BAD NEWS for ATLANTANS

I went there yesterday for Temp EAD card.
I was very suprised to meet such courteous INS people...except one!
My details
RD:05/09/01
ND:07/27/01

The screening officer indicated that I am entitled for the EAD since it 90 days past from the RD. So I was very happy and filled the form 765. When my turn came for the EAD photo shoot, the issuing officer indicated that its not been 90 days from ND and she cannot approve it. I went back to first officer and requested her to consult with her supervisor. Supervisor also tried to convince EAD issuing officer that its been 90 days...but she didnt agree on that.

So the bad news is that they go by the Notice Date not Reciept Date. I feel pity for all May applicants like me who applied in May and got ND in July/August. This really sucks.

FYI: You need a copy of your Reciepts and offcourse your passport.
They take the photo for you...no need to carry any with you.

Later
GChopes