Anybody received any response about name check inquiry?

annet

Registered Users (C)
Did anybody received any email/fax response about FBI name check recently? I sent email inquiry in Oct, but no response at all.

Received Reply next day.

Annet,

I have sent an e-mail for FOI. I got the response very next day that I should fill out FOIA form and Fax it to them. Lets see how long it takes to get the information now. Why are they asking you, What is the max amount you are willing to pay for the information. I just put down $25.00. They should be telling you how much its going to cost you to get the info. The question seems very weird?

Regards,
MM

I am waiting for response since Nov 11. I've heard they stopped responding to name check inquiries...

I sent an inquiry via email on Dec 21st and until now, no reply. I also faxed them a couple of days ago

I emailed a name check request around October 21st. After several reminders and faxes to various people, I received my reply around December 9th.

ejazharoon,

When you say several reminders and faxes, do you mean you resent the status request thru email and faxes or did you call somebody? Even though, I faxed and emailed my name check status request this week, I just want to be prepared to contact somebody if I dont receive a reply in a month.

Also, when does USCIS request the name check? Is it immediately after they receive the applciation. Below are my dates. Even though I dont know if they have requested my name check I still went ahead and requested the status :) shouldnt hurt anything I think

Applied: 12/13/2004
PD: 12/16/2004
FP notice: 12/29/2004
FP scheduled: 01/16/2005

Thanks

LUNAmoped said:
Everybody Please Hold Your Fire!

As You All May Know, Uscis Sents Name Check Requests To Fbi Everyday In Hundreds Or Maybe Even Thousands. Yesterday, Fbi Was Clearing Name Check Requests Sent On October 17, 2004. If Uscis Has Sent Your Name Check Request Around That Day, It Will Be Cleared Soon Or If You Have Sent Email Around That Day You Will Get A Response Very Soon.

Fbi Will Not Respond To Any Fax, Phone Or Mail Inquiry. Only And Only Email Is Viable Means To Get A Response. Not To Mention, The Pace At Which All Applicants Like Me Are Sending These Status Check Emails, That Day Is Not Far When Fbi Will Stop This Email Status Check Service.

Fbi Will Respond 100% Of The Time As Long As Your Email Made To Their Inbox.

Where did you get this information? I wish this would be correct because my PD was Oct 29 and my Interview is scheduled for Jan 26. If what you are saying be correct, my name clearance might be ready at the time of my interview. Let see.....

i called in today and response was " we are processing all emails received between 13th and 15th Oct" . This only means that they are processing the emails. This dosnt mean they are communicating with USCIS. Thats a black box and no one including FBI or USCIS know that process. For those who want to check the status get a infopass appt and meet with the local USCIS officers and request them to furninsh details of your name check.

Cheers

Tanjar

LUNAmoped said:
WHICH DISTRICT OFFICE ARE YOU DEALING WITH? PD OCTOBER 29 AND INTERVIEW IN JANUARY!!! :D

IN MY OPINION, IT COULD BE ONE OF THE FASTEST PROCESSING CASES IF AND IF YOU TAKE THE OATH OF CEREMONY THE SAME DAY. MY POINT IS WHAT GOOD IS THE INTERVIEW DATE IF ONE HAS TO WAIT MONTHS AND MONTHS FOR OATH CEREMONY APPOINTMENT?

ANYWAYS, My friend who lives in Colorado called the FBI the other day and got that answer. He told me and I shared with you guys. It seems October 17 date is pretty genuine....

REALLY !! has your friend in colorado applied for citizenship. If yes, what is his/her time line. I am also from colorado with Denver DO. Yes they say good thing about Denver DO but you know it doesn't matter unless you are cleared with FBI name check. Please see if your friend has the similar timeline as mine.

thanks.

FBI Email Address

LUNAMoped:

Where is the Email address for the FBI for name Check? Where can I find this info. IS it posted in the FBI website? Is there a FBI website? Thank you very much. :confused:

lidia said:
Where did you get this information? I wish this would be correct because my PD was Oct 29 and my Interview is scheduled for Jan 26. If what you are saying be correct, my name clearance might be ready at the time of my interview. Let see.....

It need not to be. I attended the interview before my name check cleared. I am still waiting...

LUNAmoped:

Thank you for the email address of the FBI to writer about name check clearance. But do you know what information I need to put in the email and who do I write the email to (what is the name of the person I address the email to?)?
Is there any website where I can find all these information?? Thank you for your help. :confused:

akarim said:
LUNAmoped:

Thank you for the email address of the FBI to writer about name check clearance. But do you know what information I need to put in the email and who do I write the email to (what is the name of the person I address the email to?)?
Is there any website where I can find all these information?? Thank you for your help. :confused:

You need to read Rahul's PDF file. Here is the link to it:
http://boards.immigration.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8181
I couldn't find any information on FBI's website about that. But if you call (202)324-2399, you'll get the information you need for the e-mail. Basically, you need to give them your full name, date of birth, A#, e-mail address. You could put "To Whom It May Concern:" in the e-mail.
FYI: I just called the FBI. They are still responding to the e-mails from the mid of October.

Any update on this thread ? Anyone got the email response lately for the name check *email* thay they sent ????

I sent a letter by certified mail, return receipt asking for a FOIPA request to David Hardy on December 2, 2004. I received a response dated January 3, 2005, indicating No Record. :)

DID ANYBODY RECEIVED REPONSE TO THE ***EMAIL*** OF THE NAMECHECK STATUS REQUEST ?? (I AM NOT ASKING ABOUT **FOIPA** REQUEST BUT JUST CURIOUS ABOUT EMAIL REQUEST THAT WE SENT TO fbinncp@.....).
IF YOU HAVE GOT THE RESPONSE THAN WHAT DAY DID YOU SEND EMAIL ??
THANKS !!!!

Kind_SD said:
DID ANYBODY RECEIVED REPONSE TO THE ***EMAIL*** OF THE NAMECHECK STATUS REQUEST ?? (I AM NOT ASKING ABOUT **FOIPA** REQUEST BUT JUST CURIOUS ABOUT EMAIL REQUEST THAT WE SENT TO fbinncp@.....).
IF YOU HAVE GOT THE RESPONSE THAN WHAT DAY DID YOU SEND EMAIL ??
THANKS !!!!
Nope, i did not hear from them, and i already became a citizen!
I sent my e-mail request in October 2004.

mfar said:
Nope, i did not hear from them, and i already became a citizen!
I sent my e-mail request in October 2004.
Finally called FBI...and they said, same O same O, that they are responding to email recd. on Oct. 21 :D :D :D

Kind_SD said:
Finally called FBI...and they said, same O same O, that they are responding to email recd. on Oct. 21 :D :D :D
That's just great :mad:
I called on January 10th, 2 weeks ago. They told me the same thing, except the day was October 18th. So, in 2 weeks they processed e-mails for 3 days only.
I am hoping to get some information thru my congressman, who's already working on the case.