Anybody in this situation and got approved

architect

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I called the INS last week and was told that my case was \'pending\'(PD 5/96, EB3/India, ND 7/00). I have seen other cases where people have been waiting with ND FEB/00 and have been told their application is \'pending\'. Does anybody know what this pending means? And does anybody know someone who has been approved after being told that their application is pending? Do you know how long it took?
thanks
trying

No Title

"Pending" means, your case is not yet assigned to an officer. After you submit your I-485 you get a request for FP. Once, FP is done either the case goes on hold(if PD is not current) or it goes in a pending queue.
Since all dates are current, I was told(by an IIO) that the cases are adjusted as per the ND, not the PD.

No Title

Thanks for the reply.
Does that mean \'Pending\' is always a state before the application is taken up by any officer? In other words, my question is can an application go into a \'pending\' state for some reason AFTER being assigned to an officer or being looked at by an officer?
Also, even if the cases are adjusted per ND, i would have thought it was time somebody picked up my case (ND 07/00) as well as that of some other people with ND (02/00) who have said theirs is pending, since ND 08/00 and 09/00 are being approved now.

sunny68, can you post your details?
Thanks.

Finally .... I-485 approved

After a long long wait, many sleepless nights and frustations

Details
PD: July 1996
ND: March 1999
RD: March 1999
FP (3 times) June 1999, March 2001 (they forgot my send my wifes FP notice, redid FP on July 03 rd 2001)
RFE: March 2001, asking employment letter

Approval Notice : July 22, 2001

Others
Involved congressmen diligently, Case transfered from TSC to VSC in May 2001 (original 485 was filed in TSC in March 1999).
VSC send the last FP\'s quickly and processed the case.

Good luck to all
Thanx

No Title

Hi GC circle,
Pardon my asking, but are you sure that \'CIA check\' can cause pending status? Is there any INS or other site which refers to this? The reason why i am asking this is because i have been suspecting this(see discussion started by me earlier semper esperado ""Pending" and "CIA Check"" 7/27/01 2:31pm ) and wants to confirm it.
Would that mean the application goes into \'CIA Check\' after all other processing is complete?

what does "still pending under review" means?

what does still pending under review mean? EB3, INdia, PD 10/98 , ND 02/2000, RFE 04/2001, I got reply "still pending under review" status. What does it mean?