Anybody here?

canGC123

Registered Users (C)
Hello guys

I need your input for the following situation. I applied for EAD renewal at local INS office. My previous one will expire in Jan 2003. Let us say If I do not receive my EAD ,legally I can't work for my current company. Now my question is If they do not terminate but allow me to take unpaid vacation ,what is going to be status of my stay in US. Once I receive the approval notice can I go and join the same company again(Assuming my comaony will take me back).

As you already know the INS changed the rules again last week and stopped issuing same day EAD or Ap. But now they changed again and restored the same day affair. Now what happens if I apply for EAD again while the first one is still in pending.

I appreciate your inputs.

if your 485 is pending, you will be "AOS - pending" status , so you should be legal as far as staying in the US is concerned...

EAD has nothing to do with your Legal Status

EAD has nothing to do with your Legal Status. EAD is just an authorization for you to work in US.

If your I485 case is pending, anf you were on H1- VISA, that might or might not have expired, but your legal status still remains as Non - Immigrant alien.

If your employer is very strict about your EAD expiration, that its good to be on leave without pay and join your employer once you have your EAD renewed.

Try to convince him that your EAD is filed, I hope you have a Notification letter from INS on your EAD renewal.

Wish You good luck.