Anybody has and interview done on garden city,how long to get green card

Cklaudy

Please answer back interview done,i have to wait for visa # they get retro????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi I went to my Interview on 08/17/06 in Garden City,NY my Appointment was at 8:00 am I get There at 6:45 and they call me early at 7:15 am I was upstair,at 7:35 am they call me ,my surprise was that my peticion is for UNMARRIED DAUGHTER 21 OLDER OF U.S CITIZEN,but went they call me she ask me for my peticioner (my father),he was down stair she went down and call my father,the interview was like 10:00 minutes,she ask me my personal information,I applied under 245i,ask for I-94 and my old passport verified each page in the passport ask my parents name,questions about my co-sponsor some quiestions to my father,ask me for my and his birth certificate,check my work permit,and then she say that they have a little inconvenience that my priority date is April 18 2001,and the visa number was current but 2 moths before my interview they retro to 1998,she told me don't come back to that office and wait for your green card in the mail by the end october or november,also told my that the new fiscal year star on october again and went the fiscal year ends thats why they went retro,I know all that,she also told me that she can stamp my pasport because the visa in not current,told me to go online and check the visa bulletin by october,and told me again to wait for my green card,don't travel until you received and wrote my passport that I-485 is pending,interview done.I want to know if somebody have the same situation please let me know...........Thank you...All the procces star went my father was permanent resident after he get citizenshit 2006 everything run fast my I-130 was approved on 2004,but on march 2006 I send my I-485 and in 6 months I get my Interview.Waithing for GC