any way to bring wife to US after N-400 is filed

yzgy

Registered Users (C)
Now that I have been in Green Card status for 5 years and about to file N-400.
Can I immediately sponsor my wife I-130 and I-485 after my N-400 is filed? Or
do I have to wait another 1 or 2 years until N-400 is approved?

Thanks, -Xing1997

Any alternatives?

My wife is a Canadian PR. Is there any alternative for us to get together in US?

1: my wife to apply for a visitor\'s visa to US? But this will delay the time when she can get Canadian Passport.

2: If she can get Canadian passport, will my wife be able to stay in US as long as she can legally?

advices/experiences are very appreciated!

Sponsership

Does anybody know what\'s the minimum Income limit for US citizen to sponser the
spouse?

No Title

My xing1997
 I suppose You are getting ready to file for US citizenship if your wife is canadaian PR and citizen of commonwealth country then she does not need a visa to enter US she can frequently enter US and go back to canada on a regular basis to maintain her canadian PR. meanwhile when you become citizen her status can be adjusted within 3-4 weeks

I am also in a similiar situation like you but my sppouse has an H1 and maintains her canadian status as well
she visits canada very frequent to maintain her PR

No Title

Hello, rbhatt123,

Thanks for the replay. Actually, I am still a few months short of N-400 eligibility.

Where did you get the information that Canadian PR can visit US without a Visa, is your spouse free to enter US becasue she has H1 or becasue she has Canadian PR?

Any informaiton source about Canadian PR visit US?

Thanks!

No Title

an canadian PR who is also a citizen of commonwealthcountry can enter US without a visafor a short
vist to US also a H1 visa holder can also enter US frequently to work

so your spouse can visitYou in US any time if she can fall under the above category

she need not be a canadian citizen

No Title

rbhatt123, What is the exact meaning of commonwealth country? only a limited group of country, or any country?

No Title

countries which were under the british rule like india, pakistan
etc yes they are whole bunch of them what is your nationality
i mean of your spouse she can check from the US consulate in canada and find out if she requires a visa or not