Any TVU Student contacted SEVP on their options??

Kellog

Registered Users (C)
Please post what the SEVP representative advised when you called them. This will help TVU students to assess their case. If you could provide the following info along with the other information, it will helpful for students in similar situation

1. Did you or did you not take CPT from TVU?
2. Is your CPT in alignment with your course of study?
3. Did you take classes from TVU?

I am going to call SEVP today. Will let you all know if I have updates. The phone is going to voicemail

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, if any of you have applied for Change of Status to H-1B, let us know what SEVP has options for you.. Thanks

I contacted SEVP yesterday and they said that I have two options. Either leave US or apply for reinstatement as soon as possible. Then they walked me through the process of applying for reinstatement. E-filling of 539 etc. They also asked the duration for which I was a TVU student and noted my address and contact info.Thats it. No more questions.

@RK0504 - I have sent you a private message. Please check it.

@f1optstu - Yes, I will ask them the transfer options to H1B. I called them twice but going to voicemail..

Anybody else have any info, please post in the thread. It helps other TVU students. Thanks y'all

Here is a more detailed description of my conversation:
SEVP: Can I have your First and Last name?
Me: I gave
SEVP: Give me your SEVIS ID?
SEVP: United States Address, Email ID and Phone No.?
SEVP: Dates for which you were enrolled into TVU
Me: Fall 2010 till the shut down
SEVP: What was your major in TVU?
Me: MBA
SEVP: Did you ever work on CPT from TVU?
Me: Yes (No more questions on this but I added I stopped working as soon as I heard of the shut down)
SEVP: All I 20s from TVU were terminated on 18th January. Now you have 2 options. Either leave USA or apply for reinstatement.
Me: How much do I have before I can apply for reinstatement?
SEVP. Thats a good question. Please reach out to USCIS. But you can apply for reinstatement by E-filing the I539.(Then gave me the url of the site)
Me: Thanks a lot

Thats it.....Please let me know if you have any more question. Hope this helps.

^ Thanks. This helps.

Anybody else contacted SEVP? I am not even getting voice mail now. I am getting busy tone..

Hi
I contacted SEVIS. they did not even ask me my details. As soon as I said that I am tri valley student they said I had two options:
1. File for reinstatement.
2. leave the us.

^Wow.. I am astonished.. I wish there were more guidelines for students stuck in the middle of change of status or students with NTAs instead of one blanket option for all students.. What a shame.. The law grinds slow and fine even in this century!