Any travel restrictions after filling N-400?

suresh_colo

Registered Users (C)
Hi gurus,

Is there any overseas travel restrictions after you file N-400? No need to wait for the receipt, right?

I never heard of anything, but just wanted to confirm that this is not like the I-485 where people cannot travel overseas until they receive their receipts.

Thanks

I am pretty sure there is no restrictions till you get the Nat Cert. Only caveat is if you travel for long periods, there is a possibility of missing FP, interview or oath appointments. I am not sure after receiving the Natz Cert (ie a US citizen) and before receiving the US passport - there is a window of time. Not sure on what status will we travel. I am assuming you areasking travel to India.

Travel is permitted

Hi gurus,

Is there any overseas travel restrictions after you file N-400? No need to wait for the receipt, right?

I never heard of anything, but just wanted to confirm that this is not like the I-485 where people cannot travel overseas until they receive their receipts.

Thanks

Traveling is not an issue after you file your N-400 application. Make sure to hold on to your tickets so that you can update IO at the time of the interview so that he can update your file. Don't be gone for too long. You don't want to miss your FP appointment on a given date. If you come back in about a months time, I don't see it a problem.