Any risk in going from F1-H1 visa- Ottawa??

eagle2004usa

Hello Folks

My Background: Entered US on F1-computers in 2000 with a 2 yr Visa, Extended F1 from India (Valid till End of Dec 2006-5yr Visa). Worked on Co-Op for few months, then OPT for 12 Months. Employer could not file H1 before quota was reached. So joined for a second masters and continued the same job on Co-Op for 2004 summer semester. Worked throughout, with INS authorization. Discontinued second masters once H1 was started in Oct '04. Have the Degree certificate and transcripts for first Masters.
Do i need to take transcripts for the Second masters too (I discontinued)? Any letter of Release from the School?

While working during 2004 Summer Semester, found a company to sposor my H1 with Start date as Oct 1st 2004 - Have original Notice of Approval +I-94 (3 months)
H1 transfered to second company - Have copy of Notice of Approval + I-94 - Do I need the original for proof or a copy is good (3 months)? I was not on bench anytime, but the second H1 employer did not release salary in time which would look like I did not get any salary/paystubs for 2/3 months. Is this an issue with my Visa?

H1 transfered to a third company (bigger consulting company with about 3000 employees). Have all the necessary paperwork for H1- Notice of approval, I-94, LCA, I-129 and Employer verification letter.
Working as an employee with $xx/hr. Is there any problem to work on a rate/hr basis than a salary/yr basis?
I work at a client site. Do I need to take any pictures of the branch I work for or the client site?
Do I need to take Annual Financial report of my Company?
Does Systems Analyst/Engineer/Administrator or Network Engineer/Administrator belong to TAL?

My passport would expire in Feb 2006 which is why I am forced to apply for a visa before end of July 05.

I am planning to go to Ottawa via Road, for my first H1 Visa and will carry all my I-20's, Masters degree, Transcripts, W-2's, salary slips, Offer Letters, H1 approvals. Do I need any additional information?

What is "common name" under Background Check mean?- Is having a popular name like Satyanarayana, Satish or Ramesh considered a common name??

Does Ottawa Embassy return passport the same day or next day? If next day, is it advisable to book for an appointment on Thursday?

BTW-I am an Indian Citizen and will take a Canadian Visa

Thankyou all for your advice and support

Last edited by a moderator: