Any Recent Interviews at Newark DO

manojimm

Registered Users (C)
All,

Anyone with experience to share on Newark DO interviews. Mine is next month.

What documents should I carry?. The list from INS seems to be just the basics (Green Card, Passport ..). Do I need to carry info from my student days to show that I had valid status? (should this not have been checked at the time of the GC). BTW I got GC through employer.

I sent request for name check via email .. no response....

Best Regards

Manoj

What is the e-mail id to send the name check request. Also do you have a format for the request?

I finished my FP earlier this month and long way to go till finishing the process. As I read it other posts Rahul encouraged to initiate a name check under FOIPA anyway. I am leaning towards initiating one any way. Any insight will be appreciated.

TIA.

manojimm said:
All,

Anyone with experience to share on Newark DO interviews. Mine is next month.

What documents should I carry?. The list from INS seems to be just the basics (Green Card, Passport ..). Do I need to carry info from my student days to show that I had valid status? (should this not have been checked at the time of the GC). BTW I got GC through employer.

I sent request for name check via email .. no response....

Best Regards

Manoj

it might be an overkill for bringing the following documents. however, you just have to prepare the best and hope for the worst.

here are what my list which I would bring to my interview next month:

01. N400 form
02. Interview letter
03. Green card
04. Tax transcripts
05. Tax account summary
06. Passport photos
07. All passports
08. Traffic tickets and proof of no balance
09. Tax return forms
10. Utilities bills
11. Rent agreement
12. Employment verification
13. Bank statements
14. Prior marriage license
15. Divorce court paper
16. Selective service letter to show no need to register
17. Copies of all previous letter from ins (h1b, f1)
18. Driver license and ssn
19. Explaination on the traffic tickets (as previously I did not mention them in my N400 form)
20. a cheat sheet for my passport stamps for the corresponding travel date on my n400 form (just to ease the interview officer's job to look for stamps since they are not clear most of the time)

also, i will make a photocopy of each of those and keep them in my separete folder.

futcitizen said:
What is the e-mail id to send the name check request. Also do you have a format for the request?

I finished my FP earlier this month and long way to go till finishing the process. As I read it other posts Rahul encouraged to initiate a name check under FOIPA anyway. I am leaning towards initiating one any way. Any insight will be appreciated.

TIA.

FOIPA and background check (name check) are different thou. If FOIPA comes out as "NOT FOUND" (or something like that), it does not mean the name / background check does not require a manual search (i.e. name got hit in their DB). I do not know what the value would be for requesting the FOIPA besides of to have a peace of mind thou.

good luck. i heard it will take FBI about 4-5 months to reply the email request on FOIPA. :(