Any recent AP approvals!!! Please Post your Details

rahdhan

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks
Please post your Receipt date for any Recent AP approvals.

Thanx

Last edited by a moderator:
AP Approved

yes me and my wife's AP was recently approved

RD 10/01/2003
AD 02/19/2004

It took a long time but we got it finally (now we don't need it though :) )

-laks

AP fo entire family approved

My wife, children and I got our AP approved Feb 05,04..

AP RD 08/28/03. Received RFE for justifying need. Answered by Dec 03, 03 and then got approved.

Happyperson

Happyperson,

Could you please give us little more detail about your RFE, like what was the original reason for your AP application and how did you justify the reason via RFE?

The reason why I am asking is because, I have applied for my AP on 10/24/03 mentioning the reason as "family get together and to attend a wedding in Dec, 03". Since, now it is way beyond Dec,03. If they send me a RFE, then how and what would be my response?

PS: I myself applied for the AP.

I am not sure of exact wording

I am not sure of the exact wording of the RFE, as my lawyers only told me about the RFE and replied it themselves. They said something to the effect of the reason needed for the travel. My lawyers told me that AP can be applied by all I-485 applicants and it must be from some new officer who did not know the exact wording.

Do not worry, as INS is only approving AP applied in Nov. you have some time to go.

Happyperson

iam in Same Boat, I applied for AP RD 11/04/03, Reason i gave is Sisters wedding in March 04. hope they would approve my AP
in next few weeks.
iam worried my sister is getting married on May 1st. iam planning to go back aroung April 15. i don't know iam nervous.

Happyperson, Thanks.

I don't know what you meant by saying "as INS is only approving AP applied in Nov. you have some time to go". I am October filer.

rahdhan,

I know how important sister's weeding for us. These people don't consider wedding as something important. And moreover why do we need to justify a visit as a emergency, can't we just go somewhere for pleasure. I don't know who designed this whole GC process, he/she must be dead by now but we are still suffering. Anyway, don't worry, I am sure you will get your AP in time. Otherwise, you can try your luck at the local INS.

We applied our AP first week SEP 03 ,just five days before they expire. We recevied our AP approvals withing 10 days of RD.

But the online message saying "we have received our i1-131 for advance parole on XX/XX/03 ...." So i dont understand how these people do their work.

OCT 02 are approving while OCT 01 are still waiting..

INterim AP ?

rahdhan please keep us posted here... i have a vested interest as I am in a similar situation like you. Has anyone obtained AP at the local office after 90 days for 'non-emergency' reasons? (like family wedding)..please post, it will be comforting to know that it is possible!

I tried getting AP at Philly office, they said they don't deal with AP, contact Vermount Service center.
I called NSC. they asked me to fax a Letter, requesting to Expedite AP Process. iam going to try.
is it a good idea to contact COngressman or Senator for help

My father had a stroke in January. I applied for emergency AP at San Francisco office on 27th jan and it was denied. I had supplied medical certificates and reports to support the application. However, INS does not consider sickness as emergency. Death, on the other hand is an emergency and hence my AP was rejected.

Now, I am waiting to get my AP processed in normal way. My RD is 11/17/2003.

EAD/AP Approval

Folks,

I want to report our 2nd EAD and AP approvals (VSC case)

Spouse (Primary)

EAD-2: RD: 10/16/03; Approved: 2/05/04
AP-2: RD: 10/16/03; Approved: 2/20/04

Myself (Derivative)

EAD-2: RD: 10/16/03; Approved: Pending
AP-2: RD: 10/16/03; Approved: 2/23/04

Our EAD-1 expired on 2/6/04, and we both got a 9 month interim EAD at San Jose BCIS on Jan 22 2004

VSC Fax # is 802-527-4816

You can fax your expedite request to the this fax

Also, I spoke to senator dianne feinstein's staff last week and they told me that they would write a letter to VSC, if there is need for emergency AP (like sickness) and if the AP application is pending.

So, if some one's is in CA, I think they can approach feinstein's office for expedited AP approval, in case of an emergency.

My 2 cents..

Send BCIS a letter for delays in AP processing

I have sent following to BCIS and encourage everyone to send such letters. May be someone will listen to us.

To: 'Immigration.reply@dhs.gov'

Subject: Complaint about USCIS : I-131 Advance parole delays at Vermont Service Center

Dear Sir,

Subject: 4 month delay in all I-131 Advance Parole Applications

Advance parole / Travel Document are required by a lot of immigrants who have filed for I-485 Adjustment of status. USCIS has also issued travel advisory regarding this.

But unfortunately it is taking more than 4 months to get I-131 Advance Parole from Vermont Service Center. Altough the EAC receipt says "It is taking between 30 and 60 days for us to process this kind of case". Hence none of the applicant is able to travel outside the country during this period.
Please look into the matter and kindly expedite the processing of I-131 applications.
Thanking you.
Yours truly,

I just faxed a letter to BCIS, lets see what Happens.
I requested them to expedite my request.
is t true Newark center doesn't issue walkin AP

Re: EAD/AP Approval

Originally posted by gc-despo
Folks,

I want to report our 2nd EAD and AP approvals (VSC case)

Spouse (Primary)

EAD-2: RD: 10/16/03; Approved: 2/05/04
AP-2: RD: 10/16/03; Approved: 2/20/04

Myself (Derivative)

EAD-2: RD: 10/16/03; Approved: Pending
AP-2: RD: 10/16/03; Approved: 2/23/04

Our EAD-1 expired on 2/6/04, and we both got a 9 month interim EAD at San Jose BCIS on Jan 22 2004

Is it possible to get regular AP at San Jose. Mine is pending at VSC since Nov and i recently moved to CA.