Any problem if I buy a gun ? (I-140/I-485)

marlon2006

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am wondering whether buying a 9mm (sportmanship purposes) could by any chance delay or affect processig of my I-140/I-485 ?
I am on H1B.

Respected Mr.Marlon,

For a moment, I thought you lost all that patience in this waiting game. Looks like you are interested in a different kind of sport. Personally, I think the way NSC is working by the jungle rule, your buying a gun and their coming to know should get your 140 & 485 approvals in the fastest possible time.

Enjoy the sport. Your approvals will be on their way. For the rest of us, NSC finds us as helpless sitting ducks. Pls recommend our cases, if you wish. Thanks.

DIGS
EB3, India
RD : Apr.04.
140 ?? (definitely after you) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Indiraji,

Namaste.

This is US. With everyone's knowledge that the present President now serving second term hails from Texas, the gun state, where people love to own a gun. It may not be wise to jump to a conclusion about its usage. By the way, if someone wants to teach a lesson to the bad guys (NSC included), I'm for it.

Please consult your body-guard before losing your lid. Else, just assume it to be one of those issues which started on all fools' day.

DIGS
EB3, India

IndiraGandhi said:
Moran stupid, never have gun to begin with

IndiraGandhi,

Welcome to the America ! My friends from a giant software maker all love this type of sports here and we go out very often and I found myself having lots of fun doing this as well. This is a very typical sports in America, don't get it wrong. Just take it easy and relax. It is getting expensive paying rent for the gear in the shooting range club and my friends are asking if I could just by my own now. I'd rather wait for the greencard to make sure.

Thanks for the posts anyway.

Marlon

marlon2006 said:
Hi,

I am wondering whether buying a 9mm (sportmanship purposes) could by any chance delay or affect processig of my I-140/I-485 ?
I am on H1B.

Marlon2006
If you go to the welcom to the US link in the USCIS page, you will see that it mentions as a benefit for a greencard holder that you can buy a gun.

Now, here is my inference: You cannot buy it until you get the greencard
Elnegro

I am not asking your opinion whether I need to get a toy or not. Get yourself a newspaper and read more and see if you open your mind. Have a nice day son.

IndiraGandhi said:
Yeah, I heard that you are so fun of gun, just get yourself a toy gun, and u can play with it as much as u can. I am always against this keeping gun policy, and I did once said in the parliament back in 80 that keeping gun would not be very benificial as it could produce a negative impact for some people. Keeping guns off the hand of security personal is no matter what its important. No one would have known I would be pinned by my own security men.

Marlon

Go fot it. Do you know people go for hunting in Tenneessee. Besides this is a country of freedom. Aren't you applying GC for freedom?

Mr. IndiraGandhi,

Based on your last childish reponses the one that seems to be in the valley school and the one that needs a toy to calm down here is you. Relax.

IndiraGandhi said:
Ya, go get the real one. But dont feel obligated that one day your son/daughter takes the gun away and stated shooting spare in one of the valley school, think about it, u freaking hebe???

To the person calling him/herself IndiraGandhi .. who is freaking out??

I'm not addressing u anything b'coz i really respect Indira Gandhi... and it is childish 4 u to expect people to address you that. Yours is a classic case of obsession where u started calling urself Indira Gandhi and I'm sure that now u believe u r Indira Gandhi.. well that is your problem. It would be nice if u stopped abusing people calling urself Indira Gandhi(rest in peace).

Whether or not somebody buys a gun or uses it is none of ur business is it? u r being childish and u r spoiling for a fight. And now looks like u r running an employment agency advertising for jobs. I would like to tell u that there is nothing wrong with a job mopping. If u find that beneath u, then its again ur problem. stop calling names in the forum. Its disgusting.

You are wasting our time and the forum space with ur foolishness. This forum is meant for discussing issues regarding immigration for common good. Its not for establishing if Indira Gandhi is a Mr. or a Mrs. I'm sure tht u r going to send a reply abusing everyone in the forum. Well u know what? We really dont care. We are here to talk about our green card not to waste our time with your opinions. If you cant say anything usefull then its worth reading, and stay away from the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
This question was related to immigration and should have been answered appropriately. Indra Gandhi, please refrain from proving your points to someone on weapons on this site.

Please let us use this forum for what it is meant for. There are zillions of blog spots and chat rooms available if somebody wants to continue topics not related to immigration.

Thanks for everyone's understanding and co-operation.

IndiraGandhi said:
Yeah, I heard that you are so fun of gun, just get yourself a toy gun, and u can play with it as much as u can. I am always against this keeping gun policy, and I did once said in the parliament back in 80 that keeping gun would not be very benificial as it could produce a negative impact for some people. Keeping guns off the hand of security personal is no matter what its important. No one would have known I would be pinned by my own security men.

Hey the socalled IndiraGandhi, keep in mind you are just using the id. You are not the real one. Start thinking in a sensible manner. You can not expect someone to know a leader of all other countries.

Worldunity and Arvind, you guys are right and I totally agree with worldunity.

Good luck Marlon, havefun, I know you may really want to buy a gun after reading some replies :)

friends
Whether some body watches or not. This forum is purely for discussing Immigration Issues. Let's not deviate things. As one said there are so many webistes to discuss on these kind of issues. better the users go their and discuss.

Let's discuss What can we do to Wake up NSC and know what rules they are following to aprove 140 and 485's.

Hope I'm not hurting any body feellings

Marlon,

Like someone else mentioned in this thread earlier, once you get your green card you may be at much more liberty to pursue this.

As far as I am aware, H1 B Law strictly mentions that H1B holders cannot possess any kind of weapon. One of my friends had lots of extra investigation going on.. and delay in the process eventually..during his Green Card process.. becoz he had rented a paint ball gun sometime while on his H1B . Sounds ridiculous but its true. He told me this personally.. And this was before Sep 11 2001. So, make sure you get your attoney's opinion before you take any step jeopardize your status in the USA.

Take Care

What about a letter to embassy?

saathvika said:
Marlon,

Like someone else mentioned in this thread earlier, once you get your green card you may be at much more liberty to pursue this.

As far as I am aware, H1 B Law strictly mentions that H1B holders cannot possess any kind of weapon. One of my friends had lots of extra investigation going on.. and delay in the process eventually..during his Green Card process.. becoz he had rented a paint ball gun sometime while on his H1B . Sounds ridiculous but its true. He told me this personally.. And this was before Sep 11 2001. So, make sure you get your attoney's opinion before you take any step jeopardize your status in the USA.

Take Care

I wrote a letter to US embassy telling that I am currently reside in US and my parents or sister would like to visit us, and the US embassy did issued visitor visa for my parents and sister. Would this also effect to I-140/485?.
May be Gurus can start a thread dont do list for those who are persuing GC.