Any other check beyond FBI?

morgan60

Registered Users (C)
I spoke to one of the level 2 officers(an immigrant like us..wondering how?) about the status of my case. Told him that I initiated 2 queries in Dec '03 and Jan '04 for which I have not received any response. He said that USCIS has not received the response from FBI yet. I repeatedly asked him and he insisted that they are still waiting. But he was nice and cordial. Then immediately called FBI number(first time) and enquired status of my FP2. The lady said within 30 minutes of receiving my FP2 they sent the status to USCIS. She correctly verified and told the date of my FP2 which was in Oct '03. My question is their any other check other than this FBI ..blah..blah..blah. ? What else is there?..

RD: 12/10/01
ND: 12/17/01
RFE: July '03
FP1: Apr '02
Fp2: Oct '03

I think they also do a 'name check' and compare it with a database. I don't know much about it but I think that's the one which takes FBI the most time. So even though your FP results may have been sent by FBI to USCIS the same day, FBI probably is still working on the 'name check' and that's what the IIO was talking about. My 2 cents.