Any one waiting on dependent approvals(I485)?

Ind061973

Registered Users (C)
I am a primary applicnt and my case is approved yesterday and my wife case is pending. I called INS they told nothing to worry about it. I have seem some cases earlier same type of situatuion.

Please post here if any one faced the same situation and waiting for approval

Thanks,

My case , my wife case is still pending with the same message. I hope they will approve soon. Did any one in the same type of situation ? please post details...

Thanks,

My case was approved on Feb 20, 2003. My wife has not yet got the approval. Called IIO but could not get any answer.

Her details:
RD August '01
ND Sept '01
RFE on BC in Dec '02, replied after a month.
AD: pending

Let's not forget to come back and post here if anyone's spouse gets approved. Please also specify your approval date.

Thanks

Hi,
I was approved on Feb'20. My wife's case is still pending. We applied together. My attorney has asked me to wait for about two weeks before we enquire.

waiting for my son

My case approved last week but my son's case still pending. Talk to IIO she said it should be soon. She did not tell me why and no ref for my son.

Anyone has the same experince? please post here

insfan, my case approved on Feb'21 and I am still waitig for courtesy copy of mine. My wife case is pending. I called INS they told nothing to worry about it. I have to follow up with INS...

tHANKS,

My attorney told me that my wife's case will be approved soon. Hope he is right. But looking at Shilpa's case, I am not very encouraged. Her case looks like a very old case.

Shilpa: I understand you have some BC related issues with your case. You should have received another RFE? Have you spoken to IIO? I know that's waste of time..just curious.

INSFAN,
I called IIO several times. Most of the times, they have no clues. My status is still pending.
I don't see any recent dependent approval. If spouse's 485 does not get approved at the same time, god knows what process they follow after that. If the same officer handles the file, why do they do half the job and keep the other half pending for an infinite time? Our case was applied through 245(i) and I can not go home until my GC gets approved. It's been more than 4 years I have not seen my parents. :confused: :mad:

Shilpa,

Was your case applied under 245(i) or was your husband's case applied under 245(i)?

I have applied as my husband's derivative. We both paid $1000 fines and I have no idea why our attorney applied my case under 245(i) - not just my husband's. I am a house -wife and never worked in the US.
I hope this has nothing to do with this delay. It's been more than 3 months since my husband has got his approval. As I mentioned in my previous posting, there is some descripency in my place of birth - slightly different info on 485 and affidavit. Trying to keep hope.
Thanks

If you are on H4 but there is a violation (i am using the word loosely) with the status of your husband's H1, there is automatically a violation of your status. That's probably the reason why your attorney used 245(i) for both.

From your post, it seems that your husband's case was approved before that `freeze'. So it should get approved soon.

mnt,
I never understood this out-of-status deal. My husband was never really out of status. On his return from an international trip, he mistakenly showed the old (previous employer's H1 was still valid) H1 and was given I94 accordingly. As careless as one could be, he did not notice that his I94 expired until he was leaving for another trip. Things got automatically corrected when he re-entered. Our attorney debated this for sometime and then finally decided to take the 245 route. May be I'll get my approval the moment I stop thinking about it. Atleast that approached worked for my husband.