Any March Filers Out There

bimori

Registered Users (C)
i'm married to a USC and would be sending in my paper work in two weeks. i just wanted to know if any March filers where out there??

Submitted I-130 and I-485 today

Hello everybody!

Today, I have started the upgrade from H1B to GC.
I sent in the I-130, I-485, and I-864 to the Chicago lockbox. Of course, as it is usually the case, if you want something really bad and you make triple sure no errors are in the what-feels-like-a-million documents you sent out to them, one "boo-boo" will always occur last minute. In my case, I sent all documents to the wrong Chicago Lockbox. Instead of the one for concurrent filing
(USCIS P.O. Box 805887 Chicago, IL 60680-4120),
I sent the package to the I-130 one
(USCIS P.O. Box 804625 Chicago, IL 60680-1029)...
:mad::mad:

Well, I hope they'll forward the package and not send it back to me.
I guess, however, I would deserve it for not checking the address as carefully as the rest of the items. :eek:

In any case, I will keep you posted how it goes from here on out.
Greetings to all!

Thanks, USCIS!

Well, I got my receipt notices today for both I-130 and I-485. Checks were cashed two days earlier as well. Seems like things are moving, despite my brain-freeze when I addressed the envelope wrongly.
I guess the immigration officer in Chicago noticed the correct addresses in all the cover letters and passed the package on.

Therefore, I would like to pass my thanks on to all USCIS officers reading this post. :cool:

Foggazer!

P.S.: bimori, have you submitted the documents in the meantime or am I the only soul filing for AOS in March 08? :)

Congrats

Well, I got my receipt notices today for both I-130 and I-485. Checks were cashed two days earlier as well. Seems like things are moving, despite my brain-freeze when I addressed the envelope wrongly.
I guess the immigration officer in Chicago noticed the correct addresses in all the cover letters and passed the package on.

Therefore, I would like to pass my thanks on to all USCIS officers reading this post. :cool:

Foggazer!

P.S.: bimori, have you submitted the documents in the meantime or am I the only soul filing for AOS in March 08? :)

Congrats foggazer. I am glad your envelope finally landed at it's right destination. One less thing to worry now, isn't it. How is your DO in general? I heard that when it comes to N-400 (citizenship), this San Jose is pretty slow. I hope with AOS and GC cases, it doesn't take too long and it goes smoothly. Good luck.

My timeline:

Atlanta DO

Sent complete package
(approved I-130, I-485, I-864, G325 & medical report): Jan 16th, 2008
Received by USCIS: Jan 19th
FP Notice sent: Jan 29th
RFE sent by USCIS: Feb 7th
RFE received: Feb 19th
RFE sent back to USCIS: Feb 20th
FP done: Feb 22nd
RFE sent back again using certified mail: Feb 29th
RFE received by USCIS: March 3rd
Case resumed: March 5th
IL received: March 20th
Interview Date: May 13th @ 8:30am

San Jose

Thanks Atlanta_Brother! Yes, one less thing to worry about.
I personally have not been to the San Jose DO yet, but I checked their times on trackitt and AOS and GC seem to move along pretty nicely (about 4-6 months).

My wife has more experience with that office (she was naturalized there "a long time ago" (she says)) and according to her, the biometrics place is a bit hard to find. :D
I will let you know when my time comes...

Good luck to you too!

Hi Foggazer ...since our ND date is the same, we are in race to see whose DO is more "efficient" .... :)!!
03/25/08 ND all

March Filer

I'm a march filer (I'm also posting at the Feb. thread since this one was almost dead at the time I filed :).)

You can see my timeline below. I think this is moving pretty fast, let's hope it keeps going this way!

Hi Foggazer ...how's your progress? I received my Bio Appt notice today. Date for Bio Appt is on 4/17. Hope your's is progressing too.
03/25/08 ND all
03/28/08 Checks cashed
04/01/08 Received NOA for 1-485 & I-765 & Bio Appt
04/17/08 Bio appt

I have a question... when can one start checking case status online? I tried to check mine and it says case does not exist. Do they add it only after FP?

Cases online

I have a question... when can one start checking case status online? I tried to check mine and it says case does not exist. Do they add it only after FP?

The I-130 & I-765 were added about a week after I received the NOA... and one day after that the I-485 was added. For some other people everything was added after the FP appointment, and the lucky ones are able to see their cases as soon as they receive their NOAs.

Thanks efmef ... Let's hope mine progresses as speedily and smoothly as your parents!
03/25/08 ND all
03/28/08 Checks cashed
04/01/08 Received NOA for 1-485 & I-765 & Bio Appt
04/17/08 Bio appt

Catching up...

Careful, Mayachagal, I am catching up.
Got the Bio appointment today: 4/16, which means I am a day ahead now...:D

USCIS keeps surprising me, too. Instead of having to go all the way up to San Jose, they scheduled me for the ASC Salinas - which is extremely nice of them.

BTW, I attribute the delay in receiving this NOA not to USCIS (ND was 3/27) but to USPS. So there!
:D