Any June '02 I-140 pendings out there??

gcapp2002

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I was wondering there are many June 2002 I-140 filers still out there whose cases are still pending at VSC. I filed mine durin June and still haven't heard anything. The online status still says the same old message.

Thanks,
gcapp2002

I am here

I-140:
RD: 05-30-02
ND: 06-04-02
AD: ??????????
No RFE or anything yet.

765/131:
RD: 10-02-02
ND: 10-11-02
AD : 11-15-02

485:
RD: 10-02-02
ND: 10-11-02
AD : ?????????????

Waiting Like You, My friend

WAITING
Friends,

Please Update on What is Going on At VSC ??

What is the latest information we have on when our I-140s are going to be approved ?

Has anyone or their lawyer contacted VSC ? What is the opinion about the time frame and reasons for the delay....

I think it is about time we put together the info we have so far...

My Details:

I-140:
RD: 06-27-02
AD: ??????????
No RFE or anything yet.

765/131:
RD: 10-08-02
ND: 10-15-02
AD : 11-19-02

485:
RD: 10-08-02
ND: 10-15-02
AD : ?????????????

for VAGA & inshope

VAGA and INSHOPE, could you please post the category of your petitoins --- self petitioned (ie EB1-EA or non-employer NIW) or not?

RD:6/25
ND:6/27
AD:???
no rfe or change in online/avm msg

frustrating

nd 04/25
rfe 08/15
responce to rfe 09/09
INS went silent after that
filed I-485 01/01/03
no receipt yet
check not cashed yet

RD 06/11/02

My I-140 RD is 06/11/02. EB2 Category.
No News yet.
Attorney doesn't want to contact INS and spend time on holding the phone to get conn. , so contacted them directly in Dec. They replied it will take a while to process the June cases. Got a strange reply that i can change employers before 180 days of 485 filing, even when 140 is pending!!!

That's big man

Can U please post the details about your information on changing the emloyer even before 189 day rule also is that without approved I140? Where did you get the information and the authenticity of that info.? Others please comment on the new info our friend has just posted that we can change the employer even before 180 days. That would be great because I was thinking of doing that since my I140 is no approved yet.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :confused: :confused: :confused:

is that true?

Snowbell, can u give more information about 180 days change job rule without I-140 approved?
I am still waiting for my 140 to get approved. I filed I140 in June 21,2002 and 485 in Spet 26th, 2002. It's so important for me since I will lose my job soon. ( after filing 485 for 180 days)

More info....

An important note:---
This is own my experience. Please verify the facts through your own and reliable sources.

My employer decided to disown me in Nov'02 because my project was coming to an end. He planned not to pay the bench salary and to withdraw my 140 and use my LC for another employee. He has done this before to another guy.
I contacted local congressmen and asked them to enquire on 140 because my 140 was pending for more than 180 days that time. They contacted INS and got a reply that it will take a while to process June cases because they were processing Feb cases at that time. They cannot do anything on the case. I told the rep's office that i will be laid off soon and 140 might be revoked by emp. So, they contacted Ins again and they were told that since the 140 and 485 were filed concurrently (though 3 months apart), i can change jobs immediately with similar title,type.. and send them a letter from the new employer... At that time, my 485 was pending for 3 months...

I haven't used AC-21 yet, I got another project in Nov itself and i am continuing with the same employer. 140 is still pending. If i get a job in a good company, i'll leave this guy and join them before 180 days of 485... Again, many companies are not ready to hire before 180 days....

Again i am telling you friends -- whatever i have wrote is my TRUE experience. I am very skeptical about their suggestion - some officer might have given misleading or wrong info or it might be the right information. That why I am telling it is strange.
Consult a good attorney and take the risk.....

snowbell,

you mentioned you cantacted local congressman to ask them to inqure on I140. Is it effective?

Since my I140(EB2 cat) has been pending more than 180 days, RD is 5/24/02, ND is 5/28/02. VSC official processing time says I140 for EB2 has processed on 5/31/02. My lawyer doesn't want to call INS. I'd like to do the same way you did it before. Could you tell me how you get the contact information of local congress person?

Thanks
vivian

Here you go Vivian.....!

I searched local.yahoo.com with my zipcode, found the congressman's phone number. It seems they get lot of calls for the speedy process of 140 and 485.
They will ask you to send the copy of the receipt notices or any other docs. I don't know whether they are effective or not. But, you can try to call them and impress. They called INS for me and enquired and got that +ve(?) reply...

Good Luck!

Snowbell thanks for the info

Thanks alot for the info you put out for us. Vivian I wish you good luck but as snowbell said I think you would be better off by getting all the facts to the congress man management and then hopefully get the same answer as snowbell and then God forbid if something goes wrong atleast you have some authentic people on your back and INS I hope they acknowledge the information they give to Congressman MGMT. Well good luck to you and I hope that would be a great and happy step if everything goes fine for most of us.
INSHOPE

I140 Approved - June14th

Yesterday my I-140 got approved.

I-140 (labor substitue - Salary , job profile is different)

RD- 14June02
AD- 16Jan03

I-485

RD 05sept02
EAD approved 10thOctober 02(really fast)

This is gives hopes to many on I-140.

mrwise congratulation man

That is great news, & as you said of course alots of hope for everybody here. Can you please tell us you EB category and the difference in you salary +/- & title and in job description. We all would appreciate all the info you can give. & yeah good luck for the 485 bud.;)

140 Pending!

If this makes you feel any better, my 140 is pending since May 29, 2002. No REF or any reply. I am in EB2-Master category.

EAD/AP approved on 12/3/02. FP done on 12/04/02. 485 epnding since 10/07/02. I had applied under the concurrent filing with 140 receipt. I hope this gets over soon.

I expect that this would get approved in next 4-8 weeks.

I don't think VSC has any reply!