Any Issues with new passport after 485?

Tanatan

Registered Users (C)
My passport expires on 01 Nov\'2002. my 485 details:

RD 9/15 ND 11/10 FP 2/08 EB3/RIR India State CA
AVM Message says that FP review recd on Feb12 and processing resumed.

I expect my approval in June this year. I would like to get the new passport now and get the approval stamped on the new book. Are there any issues with new passport as my passport Number would change? IF I wait till approval they may refuse to stamp approval on the current PP as it will be only valid for 3 more months (

No Title

Get your passport renewed and attach it with old one that has the applicable I-94. I am not sure but stamping an expired passport might be a problem.

No Problem...................

when you renew your passport they will issue you a new book with the same passport no. and they will give you the old passport back.

In the old passport they will stamp saying that they issued a new book &
In the new passport also they will stamp saying that old passport was renewed.

Just apply for the renewal and you will get the new book in couple of weeks by then your GC will be approved and you can stamp the GC on the new one.

No problem

Your new passport will have a stamping "This person previously held passport No.... ". That is sufficient. The embassy/consulate will return the old passport to you. YOU have to carry both the passports.

1week!

I don\'t know about NY but I just renewed my passport from San Francisco consulate it took 1 week only!
I went there personally to submit the application and then for receiving it..

Not the same passport number.

When you renew your passport you will not get the same passport number. Infact you will get a new passport number. The old passport will be cancelled and will be returned to you. So, you will have to carry your both the passports for reasonable amount of time.

For that matter, I have applied for a new passport in this month. I have applied at SFO at the counter and I was asked to return back after 4 business days to pick up the passport. It\'s simple and don\'t need to worry.

You will get both the old passport and also the new passport. Hope it\'s clear.

No problem

Mine also same case. I applied 485 in Jul/25 01 and renewed my PP on
Jan 9th 02. My lawyer told no need to inform INS, at the time of stamping take both old and new PP