Any Ideas from Gurus with this RFE

viking3966

Registered Users (C)
Hello Folks,

Can any Gurus in this forum help me with any ideas regarding an RFE I received.

My 485 receipt date is April 11 2003. I received an RFE regarding my last entry into USA BEFORE I filed for my 485. When I was filling out my 485 forms I had overlooked the fact that I had visited Canada which would have been my last visit and did not enter this information and instead entered a previous last entry date. The Canadian border people did stamp with an arrival date into my passport, however when I came back into US a couple days later no stamp was done on my arrival entry date, apparently they only look at your valid visa.

Now the RFE is asking me to show any documentation (either a stamp or I-94) for rentry back into USA from Canada or in the event if no new documentaion or entry stamp was issued, to submit a statement describing circumstances of last admission to US and the duration of trip outside US.

As I mentioned earlier there was no stamp when I entered back into US. Can any folks out there who have faced a similar issue or knowledge of such an issue give me any ideas on how to proceed with this matter. I would be discussing this with my attorney next week but I would like to see if people have any ideas.

Thanks folks.

I think this is a known mistake with visit to canada....I personally did not face this situation..but remember reading on the forum..
and had a friend with similar situation..

Your Attorney should help you with the letter and reply..

Thanks UnitedNations. I have talked to my attorney and he asked to submit a letter explaining the conditions at border upon reentry and submit a latest I-94 if any and it should be OK. I will post any further details if any problems arise, hopefully not.