Any experiences using AP at Chicago O'Hare

gopher97

Registered Users (C)
Does any one know how long the immigartion process takes at O'Hare while entering on AP. I have to book a connecting flight and wanna make sure that I have sufficient time. Also, any other info would be appreciated.

Gracias!

It took me about 2 minutes...

I enetered on AP several times, and most of the time it took me less than 2 minutes of face time with the offficer. The most commonly asked question is if you still have your job or what you did abroad. After answering one or 2 little question and chat a bit about the CUbs/Bears/Bulls the officer sent me away telling me to have a good day. I found that O'Hare officers are generally nice and courteous. Also O'Hare imigration lines, while still busy, not as crazy as LAX or SFO.

However, you might want to schedule your connection 2-3 hours after your international flight. There might be long lines, like once, due to weather delays, etc. my 747 landed around the same time as 2 other 747's, imagine a horde of 1000 people going through immigration.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: It took me about 2 minutes...

Originally posted by DaoMingTze
I enetered on AP several times, and most of the time it took me less than 2 minutes of face time with the offficer. The most commonly asked question is if you still have your job or what you did abroad. After answering one or 2 little question and chat a bit about the CUbs/Bears/Bulls the officer sent me away telling me to have a good day. I found that O'Hare officers are generally nice and courteous. Also O'Hare imigration lines, while still busy, not as crazy as LAX or SFO.

However, you might want to schedule your connection 2-3 hours after your international flight. There might be long lines, like once, due to weather delays, etc. my 747 landed around the same time as 2 other 747's, imagine a horde of 1000 people going through immigration.

Thanks for the info... beats the 2 hour wait in the "green room" at LAX or SFO. Officer may get pissed though if I bring up the Bears or the Cubs. I will be sure not to wear my Chiefs jersey.

I think Chiefs Jersey is still tolerable. Just don't wear Packers or Vikings stuff, or dress like "the Cubs fan". They might throw you out to the tarmac before you even reach the terminal. :p

By the way we are used to the mediocrity of our sport teams for a while now.

I was never personally asked for one. However, I always keep handy my business card and short letter from my boss that I am going out of country for business (or vacation) and I was expected to be back in the office by a certain date.