Any EAD approvals (new EAD\'s) of late? -- eom

No Title

Did you apply for EAD by yourself or through a lawyer? If you did it yourself, could you tell me the process and the document I need to submit? Thanks in advance.

No Title

Hi Scorpion,

You can apply it yourselves...you have to download the I-765 form (form for Employment Authorization) from www.ins.usdoj.gov (go to forms)...follow the simple instructions on the form...if yours is Employment based Adjustment of Status, then you have to send your application to the service center, where you sent your I-485...the correct mailing address can be obtained from your attorney who sent out your 485 application...

Hope this helps,
Srini

No Title

Devanand,
When did you receive the receipt? Please post the info. I have applied for EAD during second week of May 2001. Still not received the receipt.
Thanks
Gcwaiter112000

No Title

Thanks, srini123. I am the dependent in my husband application for 485. The company lawyer would charge us $400+ if he does it for me. That is why I want to find out if I can do it myself.

No Title

Hi guys

I did not apply for EAD when i did 485 in oct\'00 ( made a mistake)
Applied for EAD and AP recently .Because of the delay in VSC mail room there is one month delay between
RD and ND
( RD 23/April/01 ND 17/may/01). Got the Advance parole in May but still waiting for EAD.Hoping EAD
would come before the end of June.
i know its less than 90 days since i applied for EAD.But can i get the interim EAD from local office based on the
fact that my H1B expires in July\'01.
Any thoughts .

thanks
rajK

No Title

RajK,

My case is also similar to yours. I feel that I made a mistake of not applying for EAD with my 485 (oct \'00). Now I applied for EAD.

EAD RD 4/may/01 ND 15/may/01. Got receipts on 4/june/01.
No Approval yet.

waiting