Any Bangladeshi traveled on AP recently?

gc_hopefully

Registered Users (C)
I was wondering if anyone from Bangladesh has traveled on Thai or Singapore airlines using AP recently and wouldn't mind sharing their experince here . I am planning on going on vacation in July.
What are the airlines requirements? Thanks in advance for your help

returned from bd in jan

Hi. I returned from bd on Jan 31, 03 in singapore airlines. I had AP and my valid H1B approval. I did not have any H1 stamp in my passport (old F1). I did not have any problem anywhere except dhaka airport. They were concerned about not having visa in passport. I had to explain them few times and showed my bussiness card and letter from my manager.

Please take your bussiness card, work batch and a letter from your company, you manager's bussiness card (for contact).

Thanks sjc_guy

I little worried now after hearing the hassle you went through at Dhaka airport of all the places.I am working on EAD as my H-1B will be expired this month, so I will take that.
I will take employment verification and other stuff.
Hope they will not harass me too much.
Thanks again for your help.

Special Registration Question,please reply

Hello Sjc_Guy,
I have one more question for you. Did you go through special registration at the airport or you had goto the local INS office for registration after 30days. I registered in March and I am not sure if I have to go for registration again if I went to BD. Please let me know. I really appreciate your help

I think there was news article few days back if a person is paroled in US he does't need to go for special registeration. Check on some BCIS site for this info.

no registration for AP

My last US entry (from bd) was with AP. I did not have to register at the airport or later either. Fortunately, I did not have any hassle in port of entry. But be sure to keep a letter from you company handy that time. Keeping your manager's and lawyer's contact with you is a good idea.

Feel free to ask any other questions.

thanks

Thanks for your prompt reply sjc_guy and ghost-rider.
I will have all the documents with me.
Did they ask you any questions at POE?
I do know that I have to report to departing designated airport too before leaving as the INS officer at special registration instructed to me to do so.
You didn't have to do it, right because you probably went before the SR officially begun...

Attorney says do Special Registration on AP if you did on H1

While it is true that parolees do not have to register, you have already registered on H1B per requirements. Therefore, we advise you to continue to follow the special call-in registration procedures such as departing from an INSdesignated airport and report to Immigration at that airport before leaving. When you come back to the U.S. (include copies of your old I-94 to prove you
did register) and be sure to go to the local INS office on the one year anniversary date from you registration to check in.

Todd M. Rubin
Attorney-at-Law
Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
2301 Sugar Bush Road, Suite 601
Raleigh, NC 27612

Direct Phone (919) 789-3139
General Phone (919) 760-3000
Fax (919) 787-2775
www.visatrax.com