Any approvals for Aug'2002 cases

GC1508

Registered Users (C)
Any approvals for Aug'2002 cases

140-approval date - 08/24/02
485 - ND - 08/17/02
2nd FP notice - 05/17/04 schedule for 06/10/04

Semi concurrent.

Not for me. Got FP2 notice 5/28 scheduled for 6/11. What category are you?

--

I-485:
wac-02-253-xxxxx
RD 08/08/02
PD none
AD ??/??/??
FP1 RCVD 09/26/02
FP2 sched. 06/11/04

EADs - 2
APs - 2
(renewing both soon)

I-140 (EB1, self-petitioner, attorney assisted):
wac-02-087-xxxxx
RD 01/15/02
PD 01/15/02
AD 03/05/02
no RFE

(concurrent filing was not an option in 01/02)

August approvals

I am waiting eagerly also. Hope to see a miracle, which is folks at USCIS using their heads while working.

RD: Aug' 02

-fb-

I am in the same boat. We got our 2nd FP notices scheduled for the last week of this month. No change in the portfolio update.

Interesting that AUG 02 cases are getting FP's now. Is this a common trend or something out of the order?

I am an OCT 02 case, so maybe I can hope for 2FP a couple of months from now. :)

140_takes_4ever said:
Interesting that AUG 02 cases are getting FP's now. Is this a common trend or something out of the order?

I am an OCT 02 case, so maybe I can hope for 2FP a couple of months from now. :)

Looks like they are prepping to adjudicate Aug 02 cases and realizing FPs are all out of date. Probably means the cases have landed on someone's desk and they need the bg checks before proceeding. There seems to be a general belief that a real effort is underway to clear the backlog.

No I wouldn't go so far as to say they are preparing to adjudicate Aug 02 cases. Instead I would say they are clearing the decks for JUN/JUL/AUG cases so that they can go through them quickly once they are done with MAR/APR/MAY cases that they are concentrating on right now. Still 5 months that the JIT has to jump before getting to AUG.

140_takes_4ever said:
No I wouldn't go so far as to say they are preparing to adjudicate Aug 02 cases. Instead I would say they are clearing the decks for JUN/JUL/AUG cases so that they can go through them quickly once they are done with MAR/APR/MAY cases that they are concentrating on right now. Still 5 months that the JIT has to jump before getting to AUG.

I was basing my comment on a specific quote from my [big firm] attorney: "Usually, [the FP2 request is] a sign that they've reviewed your file for AOS adjudication." Also, my 485 touch date changed to 05/25 just before FP2 went out. FP notices don't usually trigger a touch date change. Maybe I'm just overly hopeful that this dreary three year journey might finally be coming to a conclusion.

Wilt, I hope that your assessment is true but the chances of that are slim. The way these applications are processed does not follow any solid logic....it's too random.

-----------------------------------
EB-1: wac-02-272-5****
RD: 9/3/02
2EADs, 2APs
FP: 10/02----no news ever since

wik said:
I was basing my comment on a specific quote from my [big firm] attorney: "Usually, [the FP2 request is] a sign that they've reviewed your file for AOS adjudication." Also, my 485 touch date changed to 05/25 just before FP2 went out. FP notices don't usually trigger a touch date change. Maybe I'm just overly hopeful that this dreary three year journey might finally be coming to a conclusion.

I did not see any change in the touch date of my case before sending 2FP notices. We received the 2nd FP last month and scheduled for the last week of this month. The date remains same as it was 3 months ago. We can hope our cases will be processed as soon as they receive FP results, though hard to predict the exact time.

Logic is overrated

Look at you guys. You are trying to build each others hopes. Some dude
here got 2nd FP notice and his lawyer is saying "Ah! Boy now the IIO is
cleaning the dust off you file". What a dumbo lawyer. If this was true then
I would have got my approval way back.

Don't get your hopes too high. Right now they are not even processing
May cases. Just hang in there.

desi-bartender said:
What a dumbo lawyer. If this was true then
I would have got my approval way back.

First of all, my attorney said "usually", meaning "not always", so my hopes are not that high.

Second, some activity occured with my case including a changed status date to 5/25. FP notices themselves do not invoke a change in touch dates. So there is a (slim) chance that my case is being looked at. Go to immigrationwatch.com (and other locations here) and you will see that there are cases filed well after both of ours that have been adjudicated and approved. So the 'published' fact that they are generally approaching May 02 cases does not reflect any predictable processing order.

And I agree... we should just 'all hang in there'!

I agree with 140_takes_4ever, I got my 2nd FP done in the month of Jan 04 and got my approval only in the month of Jun 04. You cannot determine any kind of pattern or logic behind these behaviours but just hope to hang in there and wait for few more time as you have already spent more than 2 years of total processing time.

Though getting 2nd FP notice is good thing, but I would not say that it is the time, but would say "it is just around the corner" (as quite commonly used in US).