Any action after status inquiry by USCIS ?

nycindia

Registered Users (C)
Those guys who got letter from USCIS after status inquiry please post your details.

(1) What is your letter says about ?
(2) How long letter says to wait ?
(3) Any action after this letter like approval or others activity on your files.
(4) If approved , then how many days after this letter?

The purpose of this thread is to find out really they are doing any action in our file or just this is formality by USCIS.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my details........

First inquiry told me to wait for 60days ......but nothing happen......
So I generate second case status inquiry but still waiting.......
Check my singature.......

The first inquiry response was standard - 'wait for 60 days'.
After 60 days I filed an expedite request which stated that the USCIS misled with the unactionable response to the inquiry and I got approved 5 days later. My spouse transferred to the local office.

Pending Service Consideration

Our systems ( oh yeah ? they have systems too ) show that your case
is currently pending Service Consideration. Please allow 60-90 days
to hear back from this office.

Udacaha..can u plzz review this ?

udacha6 said:
The first inquiry response was standard - 'wait for 60 days'.
After 60 days I filed an expedite request which stated that the USCIS misled with the unactionable response to the inquiry and I got approved 5 days later. My spouse transferred to the local office.

Can u plzz review ( since you are an EXPEDITE Request veteran ) the following list of docs that I am planning to fax for Expedite after my 90 days
are over ( in 3 weeks ) ?

1) Cover Letter with the text of my request and with the reasons

2) I-485 receipt notice saying response expected in 365-540 days
( its 980 days now )

3) Status Enquiry Response from USCIS stating the 60-90 days bull-shit

4) Hard copy of e-mail from FBI NNCP saying Name Check was responded
in Jan 2003

5) Photocopy of FOIP response from FBI saying NO RECORDS

Pending Service Consideration

Enquiry Response on 11/15/03
Pending Service Consideration for my case. Wait for 60 days.
Security check for my wife case. Cannot give any timeframe.

Sent an expedite request.

RD: 03/2003
FP2: 09/10/03

Sumanta,

I am glad you got your FBI response. Mine was also cleared back in Dec'02 but I didn't have any LUDs or updates from the USCIS till I sent my expedite request.

The list of documents seems to be very complete.
I would also include:
- a copy of your FP clearance that states exactly when the last FP was cleared. The closer it is to being expired the more likely that they are going to act on it to avoid another FP.

- an evidence of being employed by the same sponsoring employer (if this is the case of course) - a letter from HR or something from the payroll

- I94s may be nice to show that you've never been out of status

One more thing... Are you married?
If yes, the case may be pending because of your spouse (like it was in my case). Be sure to specify that your dependents have never been out of status, have their names cleared etc... My spouse's name check has been pending for 2 years now and it'd been holding my case up until two months ago.

Be polite and try to sound like a lawyer (argumentive and factual). I would avoid mentioning 360-540 days (they do say "approximately", so it is not actionable). Just specify the current processing time from their website (print that page and attach it to your fax like I did) and the difference between that and your RD.

GOOD LUCK!!!

5 pages max for EXPEDITE ?

udacha6 said:
Sumanta,

I am glad you got your FBI response. Mine was also cleared back in Dec'02 but I didn't have any LUDs or updates from the USCIS till I sent my expedite request.

The list of documents seems to be very complete.
I would also include:
- a copy of your FP clearance that states exactly when the last FP was cleared. The closer it is to being expired the more likely that they are going to act on it to avoid another FP.

- an evidence of being employed by the same sponsoring employer (if this is the case of course) - a letter from HR or something from the payroll

- I94s may be nice to show that you've never been out of status

One more thing... Are you married?
If yes, the case may be pending because of your spouse (like it was in my case). Be sure to specify that your dependents have never been out of status, have their names cleared etc... My spouse's name check has been pending for 2 years now and it'd been holding my case up until two months ago.

Be polite and try to sound like a lawyer (argumentive and factual). I would avoid mentioning 360-540 days (they do say "approximately", so it is not actionable). Just specify the current processing time from their website (print that page and attach it to your fax like I did) and the difference between that and your RD.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Udacha, Thx. problem is , I guess, this fax can max be upto 5 pages.
Also, I do not have any hard copy of FP clearance; I just know FP's cleared
from calling FBI & from Congressman. What hard copy did you use and where
did you get it from ?

Also, I was trying to not mix up mine and my spouse's details
in the same EXPEDITE fax. Was thinking of separate faxes. What do you think
?

I can surely attach all I-94's and letter from employer.

Plzz let me know , again, what you think.

I know exactly when my second FP cleared because I got a third FP notice days after the second (there was a mix-up at the same time at the VSC). So I went to the FP office and told them about it. After a few minutes a lady came out with a piece of paper stating something like "FP cleared on 9/10/03 - no need to do another". I kept it and used it for the expedite fax. If you know the date, just mention it without any hard proof.

About separate faxes... I don't know. I sent separate faxes myself and my husband's case was transferred. May be because his name check wasn't cleared or may be because they didn't get the faxes together and started questioning why is it that my fax doesn't even mention my husband - separated, don't live together??? I think I created some doubt about our marriage by doing this because if it was only for the name check his case would have been still pending at VSC instead of local office...

My fax was 6 pages long. I didn't know about the 5-page limit.
I had:
- request to expedite (To whom it may concern, "Hereby I am requesting...")
Supporting documents:
- FBI fax
- FP paper
- employment letter
- processing times
- copies of I-94s, EADs (as a continious status proof)

I didn't include my I485 or their 60-day response, but I did mention them in the request letter.

Let us know who it goes for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

To udacha6:

How did you get the response for expedite request and how long you waited for it?

After 2nd inquiry on 1-7-05 still waiting for a response...first inquiry LUD was on 11-11-04. Can one call FBI to see if there is Name check underway ?

My Info:

EB3-RIR-VSC-concurrent
140 approved
485 RD: 3-7-03 & pending
2nd EAD approved
2nd AP approved
travelled on both AP

Last edited by a moderator:
archer747 said:
After 2nd inquiry on 1-7-05 still waiting for a response...first inquiry LUD was on 11-11-04. Can one call FBI to see if there is Name check underway ?

What was your first inquiry response from USCIS? What is your letter says about ?

Travel on AP and Second Inquiry

Well... I did not get a written response... told my Lawyer about it and he was like there should have been some letter sent. I did get a written response from USCIS when I changed my address... it was a confirmation that my address has been updated. The online status after the first Inquiry which was updated on 11-11-04 was "On November 8, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283." This is the message which I still see... :( .... will check again tonigt around 8:30 to see if they update any thing.

Travel on AP was ok ... did not have any problems at all. They stamp two of the three copies, give one of them back and keep the other. So take all the three copies when u travel.