Answers to my questions

Johnie_Walker

Registered Users (C)
This is for my friend who don't have access to immigration portal forums from his office network.

Can someone please answer the below questions. Thanks in advance.

1. I got my H1 in Aug 2001 and was in USA from day one onwards
2. Wife reached USA on Dec 2001 on H4 and stayed here till Oct 2002.
3.Wife came back from India again on H4 visa and stayed during the period starting from Aug 2003 till Oct 2004.
4.Wife came back from India again on H4 visa and is still in USA , the period is ( from May 2005- till date)
5.My six year H1 will expire on June 2007.
6.On June 2007 I will complete my total six years of stay with H1.
7.Wife was out of USA for 16 months ( First 10 months and then another 6 months).
8.Can my wife change her visa from H4 to F1 since she is doing her Masters as a full time student
9.Will there be any problem for her to continue with her F1 after June 2007 since my 6 year H1 is expiring.
10.I have my Green card in progress and will get extensions on a year to year basis, will it help my wife ?
11.Is it possible for my Wife to get an H1 visa ( New, changing from her New F1 to H1 Back) after her degree and stay here for another 6 years if I have extensions.

Johnie_Walker said:
This is for my friend who don't have access to immigration portal forums from his office network.

3.Wife came back from India again on H4 visa and stayed during the period starting from Aug 2003 till Oct 2004.
4.Wife came back from India again on H4 visa and is still in USA , the period is ( from May 2005- till date)
7.Wife was out of USA for 16 months ( First 10 months and then another 6 months).
8.Can my wife change her visa from H4 to F1 since she is doing her Masters as a full time student
9.Will there be any problem for her to continue with her F1 after June 2007 since my 6 year H1 is expiring.
10.I have my Green card in progress and will get extensions on a year to year basis, will it help my wife ?
11.Is it possible for my Wife to get an H1 visa ( New, changing from her New F1 to H1 Back) after her degree and stay here for another 6 years if I have extensions.

your wife can be on H4 without problems, not sure about her F1 status..., but if you can find an employer, can't she file for labor thru perm...

Johnie_Walker said:

Your wife can change to F1 by contacting her school and getting I-20. Once she changes to F1, she can stay on F1 as long as it takes no matter what happens to your H1B. However, if she finds a job and change to H1B, assuming you won't get your green card by then, her H4 years will count as her total 6 year for the H1B limit.

H4 to F1

Can someone provide more information on this?
Will there be any problem in filing I140 if my wife still on F1 visa? can we swithch the F1 back to H4 or to a new H1 after her studies and 1 year of OPT?

Will there be any IRS regulations on this?