Another Selective Service letter question

Flyer729

Registered Users (C)
I have my citizenship interview on the first week of August. I have all the documents ready, including the SSS letter saying that I am registered. What concerns me is that I was registered back in 2004, but I don't recall ever registering with the SSS. I don't know who registered me, and for all I know, I wasn't either out of status or had my GC at that time either. Could this cause problems during my interview? I do remember applying for an H1B visa (using a lawyer) in 2004, but dropped the application when I got married at the end of 2004.

Thanks for your input.

I have my citizenship interview on the first week of August. I have all the documents ready, including the SSS letter saying that I am registered. What concerns me is that I was registered back in 2004, but I don't recall ever registering with the SSS. I don't know who registered me, and for all I know, I wasn't either out of status or had my GC at that time either. Could this cause problems during my interview? I do remember applying for an H1B visa (using a lawyer) in 2004, but dropped the application when I got married at the end of 2004.

Thanks for your input.

No, this should not be a problem. Registering with SSS when you are not required to register is not a crime but simply an unnecessary step. You may have registered when you applied for a driver's license or the DMV registered you without you knowing it.

For a number of years (starting in 2000, maybe before), INS/USCIS has been automatically registering male applicants for Selective Service as part of the adjustment of status process. Read the last page of the I-485.

For a number of years (starting in 2000, maybe before), INS/USCIS has been automatically registering male applicants for Selective Service as part of the adjustment of status process. Read the last page of the I-485.

Okay. But for consular processing they don't and this SSR issue has been haunting me wherever I go!