Another May 15th Victim - stamped

Awaiting approval

Registered Users (C)
My friend and colleague who last visited the INS-Newark last on May 15th, went there today and just now called me to say that he got his passport stamped successfully today.

Actually they first said that they can\'t do it and then went back and checked a few things and said that they were ok to stamp.

Third attempt successful

Same case. They stamped after initially saying \'you are not supposed to come without the notice\'.

PP stamped on june 12th - was sent back on may 15th

I have been a silent observer of this site. I am posting my GC experience with the hope that others will benefit from the information.

I heard my approval on May 2nd and went to Newark on May 15th to get my passport stamped. They completed the usual formalities and sent us back with a note saying that IBIS check is required. They returned the approval notice and EAD after making copies. They retained the I-94 and travel document. They said we will be notified by mail/phone.

We did not get any mail/call till Tuesday. So we decided to try our luck Wednesday [June 12th]. We reached the Newark INS office at around 7:15 am. We showed just the approval letter to the security guard outside. We did not show him the "INS needs background check" note. We were asked to go to the 2nd floor. We showed our note there and she gave us a token and asked us to go to the 10th floor. Our number was almost called immediately as we entered the office and we showed the security check note. There were no questions asked. She just asked us to wait. After about 15 minutes we were called and our passport stamped. We were out by 9:00 am.

So, I would suggest everyone who could not get their PP stamped on May 15th to go to the INS office. They seem to be co-operative even if you have not heard or got a letter from them.

Good luck!

What happened on May 15th?

did folks who were apprvd have problem getting stamping? or did it affect all who appeared at Office?