Another Case In L.A.!?!?!?!?!?

Ethan76

Hello all,

Thanks for taking the time to read my ordeal. My wife is a USC; we’ve been married for over a year and have two kids ages 3 & 5. I’ve lived in the US since 1991. Everything started on 9/2 when I had my initial interview for DORA in Dallas. To my surprise after swearing in, the officer asked me if I had ever lived in Los Angeles or if I had ever filled any petition to the Los Angeles office. Immediately my answers were NO! I have never lived in L.A. nor have I submitted anything to INS before.

Luckily I hired a lawyer, as I don’t know anything about INS laws and wanted everything to run smoothly. My lawyer intervened at this point asking what the problem was. The officer answered that there is a case in court at L.A. and that it matched my name and date of birth and that they would have to combine my DORA case with the one in L.A. My lawyer asked to see or hear more details of the pending case in L.A. The officer said that she did not have all the details and asked a supervisor for assistance. The supervisor told her that she would have to request the file from L.A. and see if this is an identity theft case. He also told her to take my fingerprints, and my signature to compare with what’s in the file and to continue with the interview.

After this I gave a statement about my previous arrests (DWI & shoplifting), then my lawyer showed proof that under INS laws these cases should not deny my petition. She then turned to my wife and asked how old our kids are (wife answered properly). She went over the paperwork and said that everything was in order and that she would go ahead and file this under a new file number. She talked about the 90 days wait and the usual paperwork that we would receive in the mail. She also said that the file from L.A. would take about 2 weeks to arrive and that we would be contacted once the file is received and looked over.

I have talked to my lawyer and he said that there is nothing we can do, but wait. As you can imagine, I’m under a lot of stress not having heard anything yet. I pray and wait and pray and wait and pray and wait.

I have visited this forum a lot and seen a lot of well thought input. Has anyone ever heard of a case like this? Any input will be greatly appreciated.