and there was light!

orca

Registered Users (C)
...or is it just the road to more darkness? i just received my second FP. here's the weird situation:

1. the FP is only for me, not my spouse.
2. it came to my home address, not my university address, which had been provided to the USCIS. in fact, the USCIS, to the best of my knowledge, aren't even aware of my home address - all communications for change of address have been made to my work address (btw, i have no lawyer). the only time i had used my home address on any communication with the USCIS is when i applied for my EAD (08/2003). all others, including AC21 notification (05/2003), and one other communication i had made to them as a follow-up (10/2003) had no mention of my home address. (is USCIS God?)

here are my details:
RD 04/04/2002
ND 04/19/2002
LIN-02-164
FP1 05/2002

i guess things are moving then. thoughts, anyone?

...or, more like the glare from a chopper's searchlight

so you thought you could evade the feds, eh? well, you can run, but you can't hide.

you have been warned!

yes, pork!

my fins have been clipped - no more reverse-evolving for me. well, some might think this is better than a 100 million year waiting time, but i still beg to differ.

although i am a bit surprised - isn't your RD before mine (Feb or Mar) and FP1 done about the same time as mine? you haven't received FP2 notice yet, right? -that's okay, i just found your info from the other thread, so we're in the same boat after all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I won't read much into the 2nd FP notice....I had my 2nd FP done in June this year - exactly one year after my first FP.

BTW my RD is 4/10/02

frodo

that's encouraging. however, the one thing i feel happy about is that whenever CIS would deign to adjudicate our cases, they wouldn't have to "hold off" for the paltry excuse of "not having FPed" us. of course, this in addition to the fact that this corroborates the faint glimmer of the Hawking-Hartle radiation from the black hole that we managed to create over a year ago - also: an undisputed Science publication, and another glee for the confused astrophysicist community.

orca

I didn't mean to snuff that light out!

It takes many a match to light anything at NSC.....and hopefully it's not our files.

pork, has your fp expired yet?

I am waiting for 3rd one I guess, no use of going and taking at my will.

Orca,
You must have given your driver's license to the FP office when you did your first FP and they somehow kept it as a permanent (legal) place of resident. Which one is you DL address ? is it still school address??

ghee

i did give my DL during FP1; the fun is that my DL has my old university address where i actually did my PhD (different state, different coast, different university) and not my present address. so, no, that's not how these guys traced me down. something sinister here (orwell's ghosts?).

the reason i hadn't divulged my home address in official correspondences with CIS is because i keep moving more than a hermit crab, and unless i give a permanent work address to these guys, my GC approval notice (oh, that sounds sweeeeet!) will keep following me for the rest of my life.

2nd FP notice

Received 2nd FP notice on 11/26.

RD 3/15/02
ND 4/2/02
FP1 5/17/02

I wish that would mean anything...

orca,

i am having recurrent nightmares that when i finally appear for my second fingerprinting (which has been a long time in coming), i pull off my gloves and find, to my horror, fins instead of fingers. the IIOs are annoyed, and peevishly assert, "sir, you should have waited before getting these. really, its people like you that make things difficult for us, and we end up with backlogs. you should have known better.".

so now, i have the added angst of being responsible for the backlogs.

ghee,

yes, my first FP had expired (FP I on 5/23/02, RIP 8/23/23?). the second FP notice hopefully resurrects the adjudication process, unless i sprout fins...

pork et al.

this morning, i went in with all my intact fingers (that's ten of them, i actually counted, with still no fins in sight!) and had FP2 done without any fuss or frustration. the man at the gate is a bit hard-of-hearing, and the lady in charge is a chatterbox (as i've found out last month for my EAD forays), but they heard me loud and clear, as did i.

the "correct" date prescribed by His Majesty was 16th December, but i wasn't proscribed from beating the system by a healthy fortnight. whether that translates into an early adjudication, or just means slippage of 15 more months into coaxing out an FP2, i know not.