An interview on I130??!?

albled99

Hello. I don't know if any of you have had a similar situation like me or might know something about it. Me and my USC husband applied for I130 July 7, 2005. We have not yet applied for I485 b/c I also have a pending asylum case that is ongoing in the Immigration Court. My lawyer said that we have to wait for I130 to be approved before we apply for I485. I received a letter a week ago from immigration saying that they have transferred the case to my local office for an interview on this petition. This is not THE interview is it? If anybody knows, what does this intrview consist of?

Thank you.

Same thing happened to me

My husband and I applied for an I-130 in Sept. 2003. We had our "STOKES" interview which is what you are going to in Sept. 2005. They didn't really ask us any questions but I think she could tell we were married for real. There were some other people there that were really questioned. She gave us an approval notice of the I-130 and I just now submitted the I-485. My husband was denied asylum in March 2004. At least your asylum case is still pending. That is good for you and will allow you to apply for the I-485.

I wonder why the attorney advised sending them seperately?
We were told by USCIS to send in everything all in one package..
130 - 485 - 765 - 131 - abc - xyz - you get the picture.