An Important Question

485F1

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I alongwith my wife filed I-485 Application in October,2001. We have not yet received FP notice. We are going to India mid-April for a short vacation. My wife intends to stay in India next couple of years in continuity with our newborn daughter (One-way air-tickets for them).

In this situation, I am planning to reschedule my FP, if it falls within my vacation. In any case, my wife will not be available for FP, RFE (most likely Medical due to pregnancy), PP stamping etc.

Under this circumstances, my objectives are :

(a) To get my greencard without getting screwed-up
(b) To keep the option open that my wife can join me after 3-years of stay in India.

What do you all suggest ? Should we withdraw her I-485 Application to avoid getting it abandoned automatically ?

Your suggestion is highly solicited.

Thanks in advance.

Oh Dear ! Don\'t do this.

This is too serious an issue and you should be going to a good lawyer for consultation. You need to enquire - how long will it take for your wife and your kid(s) to join you if they apply from outside country. will your wife and kid(s) be able to visit US on visitor\'s visa during the pendency of their GC? how long AP shall be valid if you wish the current gc process for your wife to continue? Finally, if the kid is delivered outsided US, how long will take for him to join you ?
on personal level, i would ask if there is a better place for delivery in India than in US ? Though i was scared by the thought how would we handle everything when my wife was expecting. but, system here is so nicely set even a single mother wouldn\'t have difficulty. so with a husband around, it is no big problem for husband or for wife. and, medically, it is a lot more safer here.
good luck with your decision.

A strong suggestion... Stay here for all of your good...

The best you can do to your kid is make him/her a US citizen. No confustions/hazzels, you have waited so long to go to your home country, if possible postponed for some more time which might end up better in all aspects. Good luck for you & your family....

U might get u\'r FP notices sometime in this or next week itself

hi, i have just seen u\'r message. we applied for our 1 485 in sep 2001 and got our FP notice one month ago schedule march 13th, so probably u might get u\'rs some time now sceduling for mid apr. once u get u\'r notice, u can get u\'r FP done early(we did the same thing) and then leave, that would be better. but best is to try for citizenship to u\'r child.