&&& August approvals...Expect this week (04/21-04/27)...Any Comments ? &

Edison_NJ

Registered Users (C)
(I am able to post message/discussion on this board after about two weeks).

I guess there would be some genuine August approvals this week.
Any Comments ???

I am not so optimistic.

There have been some news about INS going through a security check for all applications and petitions. Spource: www.immigration-law.com.
At the same time, they are also implementing re-org. These two together might be enough to mess an organization that has a bad reputation for handling its functions.

This is my personal opinion.

Hadi

so what exactly do they do in these security checks that is different than that from CIA and FBI che

I mean, don\'t they already check criminal records from FBI and CIA? Is it for all nationalities or only certain countries? Is it for all immigration categories or just DV and / or family based EB?

As it is, Asian countries are famous for their disorganised and inept bureaucracies. now, we have them and the INS to worry about too? God help us all :)

Or, is this just an excuse for INS to hide its inept bureaucracy behind? I wouldn\'t be surprised if they chose this excuse?

I dont think so...

The restructing of INS and introduction of new screening procedure for every 485 approval is going to delay GC approval for all of us by few weeks. There are lots of cases in June/July/Aug yet to be approved and to approve most of them it will take rest of April, whole May and June. June is the peak month for Aug even though you could see some approvals in April/May. But again - we are talking abt INS and anything can happen.

I have seen a genuine August Approval

There have been a few August approvals.

A friend of mine got approved for an August RD.
She does not visit the site and doesnt want to give out details for some reason. So I am not posting the entire details (EB3/India/RD AUG 01) but I am 100% sure it is august RD.

So hang in there.

Thanks

Patience

One more genuine case is "shanker_krishna\'s in Aug", of the three approvals in rupnet.com

There is every chance that August approvals may spread over to July also. God should save us. Good luck everyone. Nothing to do except to wait even in bad circumstances.

What\'s with the new "security screening?"

I found no information on the security screening on ILW.com, AILA.org,
Murthy.com, Immigration.com or usvisanews.com. Could someone please post a link to the source of this information? Thanks a bunch

Look at www.immigration-law.com Under Latest Update

Date and Heading is:

Updated 04/19/2002: Security Check for All Applications/Petitions

Hadi

Thanks, Hadi

But the information provided on that site is limited in content and clarity. It doesn\'t even detail the kind of security clearance being implemented. Also, I am quite curious about the lack of mentioning of this news on other leading immigration websites. Looks to me that the immigration-law.com site is providing half-baked information.

Maybe its the name check,

recently INS issued a change that all names should be specified in full including your middle name. Maybe they are doing a name based check. And may be august filers have a EAC-02, so INS is busy preparing their "nice" pdf statistic reports for the physical year EAC-01. I don\'t think there will be any delays as one of their restructuring goals are reducing the overall application proc times to ~ 6 months, so guys relax!! The bottomline, we can do nothing :)
but wait :) so we will have a nice story to tell about our gc proc and INS and stuff when we are old :)