American Dream?

carpediem.dw

Hi all.
As a school assignment, I've been asked to interview 2-3 immigrants on the American Dream. If you are a first generation American, can you please:
Define the American Dream. Do You believe that it is attainable? Why or Why Not?
Any other information that you consider useful, like your birth country, background, etc., would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

I would say it is something that everyone wants to believe and some point in there life they lose hope in it but in the end they find it.

I don't think that the American Dream is about greed. I think it is about opportunities. The opportunities to explore what you want from your life. The ability do try things instead of being forced to do something out of simple tradition. This is what makes it a free country. The problem is that with so many opportunities comes greed. Not everyone is affected by it, but it sure does affect a lot of people. We want bigger and better and more. We don't know when to stop.

Maybe, I am a cynical person, but there is no such thing for me as the "American dream". The USA is much more convenient country for me compared to my native country, but there is not a whole lot I could achieve here that I would not be able to achieve there.

in USA you have American Dream in my country we have our own dream in fact i know a little about American dream but i know my country's dream i feel it is to ideal to reach it is almost impossible

The typical american dream is basically rising and controlling a company via the capitalist system. self sufficiency. But that dream has only proven to be wasteful and unethical in what it does socially and morally