Amazing story - you would not believe this

VJ238

Guys, I have to share with you this amazing story that happend in the last 3 days. I have applied for EAD extension in the last week of July to Nebraska and I do not know why - my application was transfered to Vermont and Vermont cashed the check and trashed the file(looks like). There is no record of my application at Nebraska office. I called them couple of times and every one was telling that it will take couple of days to enter into system and asked me to call back every time. My EAD expires on oct 2nd. I am running out of time and luckily I got hold of a lady who was so so so so helpful. She took my number, asked me to fax the cashed checks. When I took couple hours to pull the infomation, she called me back asking me why the delay and she took lot of pains to investigate and in the mean time she asked to apply it again. When I fededed my application, she even took the tracking number and called the fedex to enquire where the letter is. Today she called me couple hours ago after she received the fedex letter and she herself entered the data into the system and she approved my EAD and gave me the LIN (01-276-XXXXX)number and she said that "its my job and I am doing it". I offered her a million thanks for taking so much time and energy to do this.

This is a true story and this happened to me.

Good or bad

The fact that this story is called amazing or hard-to-believe is a sad reflection on the reality. It is base on the same irony which people cheer when Nasdaq goes from 1400 to 1450, starting to forget how high it was only a few months ago.

You are one lucky guy.

how many monthes ahead

So if I want my EAD to renew, do you think how many monthes ahead the expiry date should I apply?

you should apply 180 days before your current EAD expires.

For example my EAD expires on 2nd jan 2002,so I have already applied on 19 sep 2001 and got my reciept also.
It is always beter to apply EAD well inadvance say 180 days before your ead gets expire,so that you can go to local INS after 180 days from RD to get interim EAD.

Bab han

EAD Renewal/ H-1B REnewal ?

I want the Suggestion from Guru ...My company asked me do you come on EAD when your H-B will
be expired in month of Dec\'01. My answer was I want the extension of H-1 B. My EAD will be expired
in month of Feb\'02 and my RD: 10/22/00,,Which I think It is very Close to approval..
My company already apllied my H-1 B extension and now I received the EMAIL from company
attonery regarding renewal of EAD...//

Suggest me What I have to do ? your guidance will be very helpful to me to take the decision
regarding apply of EAD extension...///

Thanks in advance

Regards

485check..//

No Title

I think - Your H1 is good but you are consuming your h1b period. If for some reason if 485 rejects, you can always go back and appy for another H1B for the remaining of your 6 years and start working and process GC. I think EAD is the best.