Am I eligible for EB2?

Garimap

Hi All,

I have 3 years of bachelor degree (B.SC. Maths) and 3 years of Masters degree (Master in computer applications- MCA). Am I eligible for EB2 on the basis of my degrees itself?

I also have 6 years of US experience but 3 years of experience is with the company which will be filing my GC so I am not sure if these 3 years will be counted.

Please help!

Thanks in advance!

Hi All,

I have 3 years of bachelor degree (B.SC. Maths) and 3 years of Masters degree (Master in computer applications- MCA). Am I eligible for EB2 on the basis of my degrees itself?

I also have 6 years of US experience but 3 years of experience is with the company which will be filing my GC so I am not sure if these 3 years will be counted.

Please help!

Thanks in advance!

Hello.

I'm a first time poster but I have been working in U.S. business immigration for over 15 years. Anyway, the question of whether you are eligible for the EB-2 priority versus the EB-3 priority is not based on your academic qualifications per se, but on the requirements of the position.

Does the position require an advanced degree like a Master's (or bachelor's + 5 years of progressive experience)? If so, then you may stand a chance, but only if your degrees would be equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's and U.S. master's. A 3-year bachelor may not necessarily be equivalent to a U.S. bachelor (which is 4 years).

If the position does not have such requirements, it will be very difficult to be deemed an EB-2 intending immigrant at the I-140 petition stage.

Here's how I explain it. If the job occupation is that of a janitor, it will be still an EB-3 occupation regardless of how many advanced degrees you have, because the position of janitor does not require an advanced degree.

The other factor to consider is that you cannot use the experience you gained during your employment with the sponsoring employer. Your employer's attorney will help you through all of this, but ultimately you must understand that there are very strict rules and regulations in place that could put your employer at great risk if they are not followed.