Am I eligible for EB2

msukid

Registered Users (C)
Dera frineds,

I have completed my Master Of Science with Physics from India.
5 years of IT experience in India and more than 2 years in USA as a Programmer Analyst.
My present company is ready to file my labor under PERM. The position is IT Project Manager
and salary is 85K.

Am I eligible for EB2?

Please advise.

Yes

Simply yes because of profession salary and experience...

msukid said:
Dera frineds,

5 years of IT experience in India and more than 2 years in USA as a Programmer Analyst.
My present company is ready to file my labor under PERM. The position is IT Project Manager
and salary is 85K.

Am I eligible for EB2?

Please advise.

msukid said:
Dera frineds,

and salary is 85K.

Am I eligible for EB2?

Please advise.

Depend on what the job requirement and your qualification.
If they put the job require Master of Physics : Yes.
The question is IT Project Manager needs Physics degree?? There is no equivalent between MS in Physics and MS in Computer

Do you have BS in Computer or related field? If yes, there is possible to play with BS in Computer and 5 year experience in IT.

How can you justify that? You need a really good reasoning to justify that to DOL that for this job, any Master's Degree, even unrealed, is required (not preferred, not desirable but a must).

msukid said:
what if the it project manager post require any master's degree holder.

But in what field? Computer or Physics?
I doubt that anyone could agree Physics is equivalent with Computer :D and IT manager must hold Physics degree.

Actually I am not very sure now. There are plenty of people who do BS and MS in Mechanical and get IT jobs. How do they justify ME degrees on their GCs? Obviously ME degrees are not related to software either. They must be mentioning BS/MS in Engineering as min. requirement. May be msukid can use MS in Science as min. requirement.

that's what I am talking lambda. There are so many out there with Master's degree without computer science. How are they eligible for EB2? You are right maybe company can say that the job requires Master of science irrespect any subject(Computer,electical eng, electronics eng,math,physics etc..)

In fact I talked to my lawyer yesterday and she said that they are going for EB2 in my case. They are in process to evaluate my Indian master's degree is equivalent to US master's degree. And file EB2 with master's + one year experience with IT manager position.

thanks for the reply guys.

msukid

PERM with EB2

hi All,

I worked with a CompanyA for THREE years and left them for CompanyB 2 YEARS AGO, i am still working with CompanB,

Now CompanyA wants to file a PERM for me.

My question is Can i use THREE years experience gained from CompanyA toward my labor certification through CompanyA, NOTE I am not employed with CompanyA right now.

Thanks