Am I disqualify from the Dream Act?

Matar Cohen

I came in the United States when I was 8, graduated in 2005. During my last year in High School, I had to have a FAFSA verification form printed out and done to have in my Senior Portfolio, it was one of the main criterias that was needed in order for me to graduate and get my diploma. If I had one mistake in my senior exhibition and not pass, I would not recieve my diploma. Anyways, I know i wasn't going to qualify for the FAFSA because im an illegal alien, but I had to do it anyways. I told my teacher when it came down to write an SSN number, and she told me to write a random number. Later, I got a letter denying my request for FAFSA, something I knew i was already going to get. Will that desqualify me from the Dream Act?

So far, this qualifies me...

-Proof of having arrived in the United States before age 16.
-Proof of residence in the United States for a least five (5) consecutive years since their date of arrival, compliance with Selective Service.
-Must be between the ages of 12 and 35 at time of bill enactment.
-Having graduated from an American high school, or obtained a GED.

-As for the "Good moral character" goes. I've never been arrested, but I have provide false information in documents. The only one I can think of is this FAFSA one, and documents so I can work and get money to pay off my college fees, that are my only 2 crimes I would consider but I didnt kill nobody, it was done for a good cause. It was better to work at an honest place and get clean money rather than work on places such as: Selling drugs or stealing money and commiting crimes.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should be ok. Have you read the DA bill? It does not mention your type of situation. Are you registered with Selective System?

I came in the United States when I was 8, graduated in 2005. During my last year in High School, I had to have a FAFSA verification form printed out and done to have in my Senior Portfolio, it was one of the main criterias that was needed in order for me to graduate and get my diploma. If I had one mistake in my senior exhibition and not pass, I would not recieve my diploma. Anyways, I know i wasn't going to qualify for the FAFSA because im an illegal alien, but I had to do it anyways. I told my teacher when it came down to write an SSN number, and she told me to write a random number. Later, I got a letter denying my request for FAFSA, something I knew i was already going to get. Will that desqualify me from the Dream Act?

So far, this qualifies me...

-Proof of having arrived in the United States before age 16.
-Proof of residence in the United States for a least five (5) consecutive years since their date of arrival, compliance with Selective Service.
-Must be between the ages of 12 and 35 at time of bill enactment.
-Having graduated from an American high school, or obtained a GED.

-As for the "Good moral character" goes. I've never been arrested, but I have provide false information in documents. The only one I can think of is this FAFSA one, and documents so I can work and get money to pay off my college fees, that are my only 2 crimes I would consider but I didnt kill nobody, it was done for a good cause. It was better to work at an honest place and get clean money rather than work on places such as: Selling drugs or stealing money and commiting crimes.