Am I being played by my consulting co ?

its_juniper

Hi Rajiv..

Need your help with my situation.

My consulting company applied for my H1B visa petition on April 5th. Apparently, BCIS had asked them to re-send a from as it wasn't clear and they did the same around April 14th

I have repeateadly asked my consulting co to give me the reciept number to track my application online but they've always come up with a lame excuse that they dont have it as yet and it takes a while to get it

When I called them up yesterday (April 19th), they said that since the form (which was unclear) was sent only last week, they should get the reciept number in a day or 2.

I find this hard to believe, since my assumption is that when the H1B petition is filed, the reciept number is got immediately. Is that true

Also, how soon is a reciept number recieved by the company who files an H1B visa petition under premium processing ?

One Week

Hello,
I applied for my H1 on August 8th for premium processing and i got confirmation number on 14th and i got the application result on April 19th. So if you go for premium processing it shouldn't take more than a week or 10 ten day to get the LIN number(confirmation number).so be careful with the desi consulting companies.
--Sankar