Am I "aged-out" to submit I-485 w/ my family?

shewanella

Registered Users (C)
Hi, everyone! I've been reading this forum for a while and have benefited many useful information from this. Thank you all so much! My question is, my family's priority date is June 11, 2004 which is finally current as of next month. I was born on February 2, 1986 which will make me 21 years and 4 months old by next month when we're eligible to submit I-485. Our I-140 was approved on May 31, 2006. I heard about Child Status Protection Act but do not quite understand how it works. Under the Protection Act, will I be able to be included in my family's application or am I completely "aged out" even with the Act? Can someone please explain this to me in detail? Also, how long does it usually take to get green card after I-485 is summited? I know that everyone's case is different, but just wanted to get a general time-line. Thank you so much! :)

More info on Aging out!

Hi, everyone! I've been reading this forum for a while and have benefited many useful information from this. Thank you all so much! My question is, my family's priority date is June 11, 2004 which is finally current as of next month. I was born on February 2, 1986 which will make me 21 years and 4 months old by next month when we're eligible to submit I-485. Our I-140 was approved on May 31, 2006. I heard about Child Status Protection Act but do not quite understand how it works. Under the Protection Act, will I be able to be included in my family's application or am I completely "aged out" even with the Act? Can someone please explain this to me in detail? Also, how long does it usually take to get green card after I-485 is summited? I know that everyone's case is different, but just wanted to get a general time-line. Thank you so much! :)

Here is this link giving you diff scenarios regarding aging out......hope you get an answer to your question here!
http://www.hooyou.com/ageout/Concurrent.htm