Alternatives to reduce backlog.

snafu

Registered Users (C)
I would like to propose a petition to help USCIS reduce their backlog by trying to reduce or eliminate some of the duplicate work.

Currently the Approvals for FP and EAD are valid for 1 year. Based on the time its taking for USCIS to approve the I-140/I-485 cases, its most likely that almost all the petioners have to apply for the renewal of AP and EAD. This definitely increases the number of cases each service center has to handle.

For security purposes, I think renewing FP every year makes sense in a way. But if the yearly renewal could be done away with, it would be great.

If USCIS can issue an EAD and AP that is valid for 3 years instead of 1 year, they can save a lot of time and concentrate more on reducing the backlog.

This is just an idea. I'm not sure if this was discussed before. Its worth a try anyway.

USCIS already issuing EAD card which is valid more than an year depends on the individual case and the center..

jkvaisnavi said:
USCIS already issuing EAD card which is valid more than an year depends on the individual case and the center..
Do you know anybody who get EAD for more than a year?

What about processing the 140/485 cases in a decent timeframe so we do not need EAD nor AP :mad: :mad: :mad:
That's the duplication right there.
Elnegro

Sure, I did think about it..

shishe said:
Do you want to reduce USCIS income. :)... Think twice b4 u give suggestion...

--shishe

If they want they can raise the fee.

That would be nice.

But, lets get practical here.

I'm trying see if we, as a community, can come if some constructive ideas that would help us and USCIS to smoothen the whole process.

If we can convince the authorities with any new idea like the one I suggested earlier, its definitely worth a shot. All 'constructive' ideas are welcome.

We can either rant or put our heads together and come up with something. I'm sure we can do it. We have a very nice pool of very intelligent and smart people on this board (I'm sure most of you will agree ;) ).

If we can make a list of all possible solutions, I suggest we forward the list to Mr. Rajiv Khanna. He is should be able to petition USCIS on our behalf. Although this will not be an official case, he could definitely suggest us on how to make ourselves be heard. Maybe, just maybe, we can get USCIS to go for it.

Doing nothing isn't helping us. If you still insist on ranting, start your own thread!!!