All those transferred to local offices.

localtransfer

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys:

Just want to start a discussion for people whose cases have been transferred to local offices. We can exchange information on documents, timelines, actual experiences etc.

My case was transferred to Philadelphia on April 24th. ND 2/9/00, EB2,
India. If anybody has any information on Philadelphia office in particular,
please let me know.

Thanks.

No Title

shusterman.com just list typical times for cases that are filed directly with the local office (most likely family based). I assume cases that are transferred from VSC, will follow a different timetable. Anyone knows anything about Philadelphia INS? Anything you have heard or read? Thanks a bunch.

No Title

You are right, plus it is missing information about a lot of places, including Boston

No Title

The AVM at VSC had an 800 number to call. It turned out to
be the national customer service center for INS. I talked to a lady
there. She gives a standard answer (I think), that the local
office takes 6 months to 1 year to process the file - once it
has been transferred to them.

No Title

I called the number too. She said I have to wait for another 24 months.

I think they are just giving standard replies.

Sharad

No Title

My case got transfered to Baltimore INS on Feb 15th. Not yet received interview notice.

My details
EB2, RIR, India
PD 2/98
485- RD 12/7/99 and ND 1/5/00
Transfered to Baltimore 2/15

No Title

Hey,
I am the only one whose case has been transfered to Norfolk, Va is there any one else it wsa transfered on April 13th. Does any know what can be the reason for transfer.

Thanks

No Title

Hey "one more transfer":

Did you find out from your attorney or any other source, how much
time is typical for Philadelphia. My attroney says 6 months to 1 year. I somehow feel he is just quoting standard times and not from any real experience. Any insights? Thanks.

No Title

I always believe Phila INS is one of the fastest ones in EAC. It should take less than 90 days from filing I485 to interview. My case was transfered after FP so hope it take less than 45 days. The number 215-656-7179 they put in the transfer notice doesn\'t work. Anyone try that number?

No Title

My case was transefer to Arlington on 19 of March. I am still waiting for them to call me.
My Details.
RD 22nd FEB 2000
ND 28th FEB 2000
F/P 19 OCT. 2000
Tranferd 19th MARCH 2001

No Title

Interviews mandatory in past

ANy new developments in the local transfer case.

i was talking to a friend who got GC in 88. He said that in the past everyone was interviewed

No Title

Are you guys thinking of taking an attorney to the interview. My
attorney says these interviews are pretty routine and an attorney is not required. Besides he says he will not come. He can arrange someone for $750. I don\'t think I am taking one. Any views?

No Title

My attornet said that this is pretty routine too.
I dont think that he will come.
But I will reserve judgement till I see the interview letter

Sharad

No Title

I discovered an old thread about Boston INS interviews. I have posted a question there too.