All respondants to RFE for 140 redo please respond to this message

Sensor

Registered Users (C)
Is there any one out there whose response to an RFE for 140 redo has been acknowledged by INS? INS avr system still says that they have requested for evidence on sept 12th. My details.

2nd RFE for I140 REDO on 12th sept
Sent on 22nd Sept.
Acknowledgment: None

No Title

They open a new EAD for I140. You should call your lawyer to get this EAD and check it. It happens for all the "I140-REDO" cases - I have a friend, whose case was approved in a week with "REDO", but even then, the EAD number for I140 was new.

No Title

I think he is referring to EAC and not \'EAD\'.

You can call up VSC and tell them that you sent them paperwork for a case and neither you nor the lawyer have received any acknowledgement and you\'d like to know if VSC has received the papers at all. You can ask her to check the computers and she\'ll ask you for your name, case type, ssn, address, zip, phone, etc before she gives your details.

I know this since I had to do it for my 485...

No Title

Sorry, definetely, EAC :). But in my case the IIO wouldn\'t give me any details on the I140 number, saying, that this is a matter of your employer, not you. I had to conference in my employer.

No Title

I-140 redo RE....

In my case the I-140 redo was classified as an RFE by VSC as opposed to an Intention to Deny. Is that true for most (or all) of you? Also, on reading your posts it appears that VSC only asked for the I-140 redo, and didn\'t ask for any of the other stuff like W-2s, 1040s, etc., although I remember seeing one post where they had asked for an I-140 redo and some of this other stuff too.

I guess in the case where there was other stuff being asked for as well, that would trigger an update to the I-485 message, but the new I-140, since it has its own EAC #, does not cause the message on original I-1485 AC to be updated.

Just a theory for whatever it\'s worth.....

No Title

Hello All,

What Grin told is right. A new "EAC" number is issued by VSC. According to my lawyer once this new I140-Redo is approved then
the applicant has to file for I485 Amendment. This is really confusing. I will post once I receive further clarification from my lawyer.

No Title

I\'m not sure whether the lawyer is right. RFE clearly says that you can file 140 papers along with the RFE letter. That\'s what I did. I can understand that you will get a new EAC #. But that\'s for 140 and not 485. May be I\'m wrong. I guess I will find out in couple of weeks. Filed on Oct 6th.

No Title

Called my attorney. They didn\'t receive any receipt notice from INS yet. I don\'t know what to do guys. I am going to call INS tomorrow.

No Title

hello All,

I had applied for 485 june of last year. Since then I got an offer for a new job under EAD. I accepted the job. INS is asking for additional info 6 months pay stubs and letter from employer. Can I send them these items from current job or does it have to be form the old one who applied for my labor. Please Advise

Thank you

No Title

Spoke to IIO today and found out that on 29th sept a case has been entered in regards to the new I-140. I also found out that the officer who issued the RFE will get back the response to the same issuing officer.

IIO said to not to expect any thing until Jan 2001. This is very disappointing statement. I request you all keep posting your thoughts and conversations with IIO.

No Title

Take it easy, dude.

My experience with IIO\'s is that they are very bad at predictions ... they even put the weatherman to shame!! :)

Here\'s how I think things will work out for you ...

-- you should get the receipt for I-140 sometime this week or latest by next week.

-- it will take your lawyer another week or two to send back the response to the rfe

-- it will take couple of weeks for INS to update your 485 to indicate they received the response.

from there it might take another month for the approval.

So, my guess is you should have the approval in early december. If you don\'t I think you should contact a senator/congressman -- that route seems to work pretty fast.

Best Luck and do keep us posted!!

No Title

Hi Aqua,

I don\'t think you apply for Amended I-140 first and then respond to RFE after it was approved

When INS sends out a RFE you have to send the whole thing together. That way you have the advantage of getting approved quickly. It cleary says in the RFE notice to send the original copy of the RFE along with the requested material.

No Title

That\'s right. You have to send all the documents as one package. Once you send all as one package with RFE letter, it will be expedited. It should not take more than 6 weeks to get your redo 140 approval letter. I have seen 2 weeks in some cases, but few. After that, it is upto the IIO to update the info or send the approval notice to the 485 person or whatever they do. That time is infinity. For me it took 6 weeks after the 140 approval letter. The whole process took 11 weeks after they received my RFE. And taking the help of a congressman/senator does help. In my opinion, the congressman/senator can help you only if INS kept your RFE application for 60 days or more (Remember - RFE says 14-60 days for approval).

Good luck.