Airport Transit Visa

waiting4gc02

Registered Users (C)
Guys:
Do you know if you need an Airport Transit Visa if you are travelling with American Airlines (Chicago -- Del) or Continental (Newark -- Del).

Since these are direct flights, I presume you do not need a valid US Visa stamped on your passport.

I will be getting it stamped in New Delhi, before returning.

Please share your experiences.

Thanks

waiting4gc02 said:
Guys:
Do you know if you need an Airport Transit Visa if you are travelling with American Airlines (Chicago -- Del) or Continental (Newark -- Del).

Since these are direct flights, I presume you do not need a valid US Visa stamped on your passport.

Thanks

No you dont need a Transit Visa. You are good to Go.

Good Luck

GCVIRGO,
Have you travelled, with this status or are you saying this based on your conversation with someone.

I know I am being paranoid, but just wanting to make extra sure.

Thanks

waiting4gc02 said:
GCVIRGO,
Have you travelled, with this status or are you saying this based on your conversation with someone.

I know I am being paranoid, but just wanting to make extra sure.

Thanks
A transit visa is required only if you are transiting through an European country (there may be some countries that do not have this requirement - I am not sure). In your case, your flight is from US to India directly - you will not be landing in any country before reaching Delhi.

I travelled by Emirates because I did not want to get a transit visa (like you, my US visa had expired too).

So you are good to go. You do not need a transit visa.

Last edited by a moderator:
No prob at all

Hey

Nothing to worry at all. I just got back from India (today!!!) and I did travel via American from Chicago to Delhi. There is no need for a transit visa. I am on my 7th year extension and had to get it validated and stamped while in India. So, while I traveled from here 3 weeks ago, my visa was expired. No questions were asked. Even the interview in Chennai was simple...a few questions and the visa was stamped with the new date (7th year)

So, don't be paranoid. Have a fun trip!!!

Raju125

waiting4gc02 said:
Guys:

Thanks