Airport Transit Visa -- using AP

rirani

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My wife is leaving for Bombay via Lufhtansa (via Frankfurt). Our H1/H4 visa has expired and our 485 process is currently underway.

Her Parole is expiring on April 9 and she is leaving for India on April 5, so technically the Advanced Parole is valid. She does not plan to come back to the US. I would be leaving a little later.

Does she still need an Airport Transit visa for Frankfurt? Looking at the post, it does look like.

We are planning to go to the German consulate tomorrow. Do you guys know if they will understand what an Advanced Parole is and give the Transit visa? Because as things stand -- we do not have a valid US visa -- we are under the 485 process.

Anyone having any info on this?

Thanks.

I would suggest you to goto german consulate and know things clearly from them, whether do you need a airport transit visa or not? But, as per the URL I posted in other thread, it looks like your wife should have a airport transit visa, b'coz of expired H4 visa in her passport. May be I'm wrong. Again, it is better to make a visit to the consulate and get things cleared out, when you are in doubt.