Aged out!

shewanella

Registered Users (C)
My family and I had a green card interview earlier today (for employment-based). Everyone except me is approved but has to wait until September since Visa number ran out (?) (Immigration officer told our attorney to make an appointment with infopass around 3rd week of August so that our appointment will be in September since that's when the fiscal year starts). My case is very difficult as I am 22 years old. I turned 21 on February 2, 2007 and I-485 was filed in June, 2007. Everyone including myself received letters for fingerprint (in August, 2007) and EAD (mailed on October 2, 2007). Basically, my case was not approved earlier today because I was over 21 yrs old by 4 months when I-485 was filed. The IO said my case will be approved if there is a bill that has been passed that I can benefit from, but for now, she did not know any. The attorney said he'll look into the the child status protection act to see if I can benefit from this but since he's at court right now dealing w/ someone else's case- I am going insane right now and decided to come to this forum for help.

I found this link:
http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/childprotac.pdf
which explains more about aging out children, but I have no idea how to calculate this. Can someone PLEASE help me? I am desperate just thinking about how I might not get approved because I was born 4-5 months earlier than I should have :( Thanks all for your help in advance.