Age increasing for US green card

mdmm

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
Than you very much for serving community.
My USA citizen fathe applied for my Green card,with my wife, 2 son on Family based immigration , in 2007 from Pakistan . My two son were 13 and 15 years old and are now 24 and 26 years old.My priority date is closer but I did not receive any letter from USA.
Kindly let me know does age ( 24 and 26 ) matter for my 2 sons to qualify for USA immigration / Green Card on Family category ??
What should I do ?
Thankful

The information you have provided is not enough to know whether or not the children have aged out yet. See the section titled “CSPA for Family and Employment Preference and Diversity Visa Immigrants “ on this page https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/child-status-protection-act
The dates needed are:
Priority date of petition
Approval date of petition
Dates of birth of the children
You can provide them here for some assistance, or google “CSPA calculator “ (you will have to estimate the when your priority date will be current as the date visa is available) - this will tell you if the CSPA age is under or over 21. They will have to have a CSPA age under 21 to be able to immigrate with you (and they need to be unmarried).

Hi,
Thank you very much for valuable information.I am inputting required informations ,for your kind attention and good advice,what should I do now.
The dates needed are:
Priority date of petition =,2007
Approval date of petition = 2007
Dates of birth of the children = one is 1992, 1994.
Kindly provide assistance/help .

Thank you very much sir. Kindly calculate and give us what to do next,in case of filing or adding any documents to goverment of USA.
The dates needed are:
Priority date of petition = 29 may 2007
Approval date of petition =Only priority date given.no approval dates.
preference category= F3
Dates of birth of the children =firstah= 02-04-1993
second child= wh= 0803-1994
third child= 25-03-1998
Thank you very much sir. Kindly calculate and give us what to do next,in case of filing or adding any documents to goverment of USA.

There is an approval date, there would have been a letter saying something like petition approved, no visas available at this date etc. The date of this letter is the most critical aspect to figuring out if your kids have aged out or not. The petitioner would have been sent this letter, it can take a few months or in some cases a few years to arrive.

Hi,
Thank you very much Sir.So far I am searching for Approval date.A new number is
NVC Case Number= ISL20xxxxxx

Other dates needed are:
Approval date of petition =Only priority date given.no approval dates.
preference category= F3
third child= 25-03-1998
Thank you very much sir .What should we do to find out Approval Date.Case was filed in 2001.

Last edited by a moderator:
The petitioner will have been sent a letter with approval, the date of that letter is the approval date. I don’t know how else you can find it.
You should not put your full case number on a public forum, I suggest you edit it out.

Sir,
Thank you very much for helping me. Eventually I found the date this case was filed.It is,
Approval Date= 05-21-2007
Other dates needed are:
preference category= F3
third child= 25-03-1998
Thank you very much sir . Kindly provide your practical suggestions,whenever,you get time.
Best Regards

The dates cannot be correct. The approval date cannot be before the priority date of the petition.
Perhaps your sponsor can contact uscis to determine the correct approval date if he or she can’t find the approval letter.

Honorable Sir,
Thank you very much for helping me.
I found the very first letter ,we received after filing application. It is dated,

I-797 Notice of Action, Immigration Petition for Relative.
Received Date=
May 29 , 2007
Notice Date=
June 7 , 2007

Priority date o = 29 may 2007
preference category= F3
Dates of birth of the children =first child = 02-04-1993
third child= 25-03-1998
Thank you very much sir . Kindly provide your practical suggestions,whenever,you get time.
Best Regards

priority date=dec 18 1997
approval date=march 26 1999
birthdate=feb 5 1987
philippines

thank you ms.susie

I’m sorry, on the dates above you have aged out already and will not be eligible as a derivative.
There is the possibility for your parents to sponsor you once they have their own green cards, but that is still a very long term option - F2B for Philippines is around a 12 year wait (and you would have to remain unmarried).

can i have an explanation on why iam outage?the waiting time for us is 21yrs. is it not deducted to the time the visa is current?we just receive the letter 2weeks ago

can i have an explanation on why iam outage?the waiting time for us is 21yrs. is it not deducted to the time the visa is current?we just receive the letter 2weeks ago

The “waiting time” is the time between the priority date (18 Dec 1997) and the approval date (26 March 1999).
(If it was always the whole time between filing and the number getting current then no one would ever age out.)

See https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/child-status-protection-act, the section relevant to you is “CSPA for Family and Employment Preference and Diversity Visa Immigrants”. It has a section detailing that they mean “pending time” to be the time between filing and approval. There is more detail around this in the policy manual, https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-7-part-a-chapter-7 .

Unfortunately that is because of the large amount of Filipinos on the waiting list, for most countries the F4 wait is around 13 years. The total number of family based visas is limited each year, and no country can get more than 7% of the total, so any country cannot get more than around 25600 visas per year for all FB preference visas. There are over 314000 Filipinos on the waitlist, hence the long wait. And unfortunately F4 is lowest priority so has the longest wait. See page 4 https://travel.state.gov/content/da...atistics/WaitingList/WaitingListItem_2018.pdf