Again: N-400 residency question

Y R

Registered Users (C)
I need to file the citizenship application in a state I have been living for 3 months.

what should I do if I want to move to a state with fast processing time for 3 months? How to prove I have been in the state for 3 month? an address? an apartment? what else?
do I need to stay in that state after filing the application? or I can just ask friend to collect mails?

Thanks to anyone who gives the answer!

YR,

Sorry, but I posted my reply in your other thread about which state has the fastest processing time. I apologize for the mixup but my login session was timed out and I selected the wrong thread to post my reply.

gabby2001:

Thank you so much for the answer, it is good answer.
So I may pick a state with faster processing time, rent an apartment, and live there for 3 months, then file the applications, and wait there till the application goes through, I think this should be fine..right?

thank you

Yes, but that has to be your primary residence. Also, you have to continue living there till your swearing in. You can't just leave after submitting your application. So, that means that you would also need to find a new job there unless your current job allows you to work from anywhere in the country.

One more thing. You might want to do some research and ask around before relocating to a place that supposedly has a faster processing time. Some of the processing times released by BCIS are known to be rather inaccurate, to say the least.

Thanks,

say I am living in NY, it is very slow, so if I will be still working in NY with the current job, and move to CT or NJ, with a little faster processing time, it is OK, right?

btw, where I can find the BCIS released processing time? I could not find it on BCIS site.

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted the lastest processing time in your other thread. Here it is again:

http://shusterman.com/aos.html

It should work if you're working in NY, but living in NJ or CT. However, like I said before, don't rely too much on the processing time released by BCIS. You might want to ask your friends or other posters in this forum about their experiences before making the move.

For instance, a couple of months ago, BCIS reported that it only took 60-90 days to process naturalization applications in Cincinnati. However, the waiting time for that district office was changed to 510 days this month.

hi all

I need your help regarding this matter,please response everyone.

On N-400, one question was "Have you ever been arrested,cited or detained by law enforcement officer for any reason?"

How many forum members mention the "Minor Traffic Ticket" such as REd light cross, speeding ticket, no right turn" ?

please response everyone in this forum.

thank you for your response ,

regards

kogan