after stamping question

vijmas

Registered Users (C)
my passport was stamped in march 2003

But now my message says

"August 12, 2003, we mailed a notice requesting that you appear within 30 days for ADIT processing, in which we will record your signature and fingerprints for further processing. The notice also gave the location and times where this processing would be done. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please contact the service center where you submitted your application during business hours."

has anybodu gotten the same message??

What is ADIT processing?

I haven't heard of anything like this from anybody so far, but, I would like to know what the hell does this mean.

My wildest guess is that it should have something to do with homeland security process ... ???

Thanks

ADIT processing

Hi,
I am not sure what ADIT is but this is what I got from other message board. This message was posted by just a user not by a lawyer or something.

===========================================
What this means is that something was wrong with the origina blue form (called an I-89) that had your fingerprint and signature on it. Either the fingerprint was smudged or the signature was ilegible. Either way it doesn't matter.

Your status as a permanent resident is unaffected. It just means that they need to get a new form filled out with a good signature and fingerprint so they can produce your plastic card.
============================================

SKAE is right, I believe. When you go for passport stamping, you are made to fill out form I 89. You are made to submit a fresh set of fingerprints as well. That form, your pics and all the accessories are then sent to your service center. The service center has to approve I 89 to order your plastic card. Probably your fingerprints for I 89 got smudgy smudgy because somebody in the passport stamping office pawed it:)-So, no need to worry. Do double check with lawyer though.